No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh you never know, we all said the same thing when my nephew quit college to play paintball professionally - he earns in the mid six figures.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
      Oh you never know, we all said the same thing when my nephew quit college to play paintball professionally - he earns in the mid six figures.
      To play paintball?

WTF?
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "he earns in the mid six figures."
        --------------------------------5000.00/year is not considered six figures even though there are six digits.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
          Thanks everyone. He's definite a little renaissance man, but whether he can come up with skills that will earn a paycheck remains to be seen
          I can harrass my brother about writing down a few things he did that helped him get his career as a graphic designer started if you'd like.
          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            To play paintball?

WTF?
            exactly, who would have thought.......

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
              "he earns in the mid six figures."
              --------------------------------5000.00/year is not considered six figures even though there are six digits.
              that's why nobody says six digits.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                that's why nobody says six digits.
                That figures.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• ::groan::
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                    That figures.
                    I was counting on a better response than that.

Comment

• Hope this clears everything up .....

We all agree that digit = {0, 1, ..., 9}.

In terms of a 6-digit number or a 6-figure salary, both digit and figure are the same. However, we say government figures, not government digits. In this case, a figure is a symbol that represents a measurement (amount, quantity, distance).

The term number is similar to figure in the sense of measurement. However, number does cover some other usages such as cardinal / prime number.

Therefore, in terms of numbering system, number includes figure which includes digit.
                      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• yeah, um, cleared it right up.

Comment

• Spot on.

Look at the digit on that woman. Wonder if she would give me her figures.
                          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Nice, Sharkey!

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                              I can harrass my brother about writing down a few things he did that helped him get his career as a graphic designer started if you'd like.
                              That would be great, LFIJ. No rush though...he's only an 8th grader :-)
                              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                                That would be great, LFIJ. No rush though...he's only an 8th grader :-)
                                He may be only an 8th grader but the things he starts doing now is what will separate him from his peers when it comes time to be accepted into top tier schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X