No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for all the thoughts, we got her when my daughter was 5, who is will be 25 this June. She was in good spirits up until.about 1st of January, when she just stopped eating. I was given some medicine to treat urinary tract infection and she did start eating a little for about a week. But she did have high white blood cell count and anemic. She was very lethargic last few days so I decided to help her. But she has been a loyal and wonderful cat.

Comment

• Im sorry guys. That might be hardest thing I've ever had to do.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Sorry, I know this is late - but just saw this thread. Sorry, WCF. We also got our 'alpha' cat when my daughter was 5 (he was living alone in a trailer for a month and was headed for the pound, after a couple whose daughter was my daughter's friend split up). She is turning 18 in April now. When I didn't have a dog for years, this cat became a dog. He has been sickly the last couple years, but is doing OK at the moment. Just a bit frail and thin compared to most of his life (a rolly-polly fat cat for most of it).

My daughter was with me for the summer before this last one, when I had to rush him to the vet one day. I honestly thought he would not be coming back home. He is still here, but the thought of what you are facing I know is something I will have to face. Like I did with my first dog, and one other cat some years ago. I never would have believed what a character, and faithful companion a cat could be before Boo. After my dog was gone, Boo became a dog. My first cat never had much regard for humans, but man Boo is the best, if you stay on his good side.

Anyhow, sorry my brother. Pets are family. And even if the animals are on opposite sides of the political aisle, the cats vs dogs debate, the Barry vs. Emmit argument, the Stafford vs. 'somebody else' cluster-f, the 'I demand you open that can of pate cat food m-f'er' or 'I am cool with the purina kibble' discourse - they are, at the end of the day, for all intensive porpoises, our biggest fans and supporters of their humans who can be counted on, confided in and enjoyed.

We have to make the right decision for them, and I am so sorry you are facing that. Know that your friend thinks nothing but the best of you and your family through all of this. You and your friend have exchanged kindness throughout these many years, and that is what matters.

Sorry for rambling. Best to you and your family, and hoping your daughter can enjoy many good memories with her friend as well. Peace.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• WCF that's tough, my sister and her husband just had to put down their Cat who was also 20 years old. These days I cant stop worrying about Buster (16 yrs) my best friend, hes really slowing down now.

Comment

• Thanks, my situation was that my cat has always been healthy and even as she aged their was no change in her eating or bathroom habits.

And no matter over time did she ever stop being friendly in wanting to give or receive affection.

So when she abruptly stopped eating and pooping that singled out a big change. Then also came the abrupt change in wanting or giving the other emotional feelings told me that she more than likely had run out of time.

But it still was a tough decision to make. Thanks

Comment

• Sorry, man. She thought it was all awesome for many years it sounds like. She told my cat you fricking were awesome. You did right by her.

I hope you have many memories with your friend to cherish.
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Sorry to hear you had to say goodbye to a family member, wcfwtf.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• We welcomed home this 8.5wk old female miniature Australian Shepherd (Red Tri) just this past Saturday afternoon.

My daughter named her dog, "NALA."

2017-02-09 14.42.43.jpg
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Not Around Los Angeles?
                    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Smart dog Gonz, little bigger than mine when shes grown.

Comment

• Not Another Lions Asshole
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Native Australian Legal Alien
                          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                            Not Around Los Angeles?
                            Not since late August when we moved to the central coast area (podunk town called Atascadero which is about 15 min. drive east of Morro Bay). It sits exactly 4 hours north/south of LA/SF.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              Smart dog Gonz, little bigger than mine when shes grown.
                              We saw one just like this last summer in a beach town near us and she was a great dog so I started a quest to find one.

And yes, she is already a puzzle solver. We were read up on their smarts and activity levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                                Smart dog Gonz
                                Did it run away?
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X