No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sorry to hear this Coop. What a nightmare for a parent. Glad you got him in so quickly. Hopes and prayers for a full recovery.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Re: Family Book...Forum Style

Coop, very sorry to hear news like this about ones child. Prayers to your family for a full recovery.
      Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Chin up Coop. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family buddy.
        "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• Oh my God, Coop, I am so very sorry. I cannot imagine what you and your wife must be going through. You all will be in my prayers, please keep us informed of his progress.
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Hope the young lad gets well soon, Coop. He will be getting the best of care no doubt.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• DL and Coop, any updates for us?
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• It was a gut punch - no doubt. Life has become "the new normal" with his diagnosis - we are still trying to figure out longer term whom will be at home with him as he's going to be home schooled for the rest of 3rd grade. He's in outpatient clinic 2-3 times per week right now for blood/platelets/plasma and chemo. we watch specifically a number called ANC which is the ability of his body to fight infection, today it is super low. This is a rollercoaster we will ride for awhile.

We know we got him there in time. And doing everything we can to make sure he gets the care he needs.

Went through some dark days after the initial diagnosis - and it is hard to take, but he's got spirit, toughness, hard to describe other than saying he is just dealing with it. If he can, so can I/we not let it take us down.
                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Good for you coop.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• scares the **** out of you, insert your favorite expletive. quickly you realize, yes that worst horror but have to accept it as you (me) one of his parents have no control over this thing. zilch, zero, nil - and I will tell you up front as a parent, I have always had FULL control over what (used) to be just the day to day normality.
                    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Know what you are saying Coop. Can't cry or whine about something you can't change. Just getting ready for the fight. After dicking around with the insurance for a couple days, I have an Ocologist appointment tomorrow. I just want to get chemo started and get past this. My girls are 13 and 8. I have too much at home to feel sorry for myself.
                      Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Both of you guys have awesome attitudes about your situations. Thanks for letting us know how it's all progressing.
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Yep. Good job guys.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Holy **** Coop! That is so scary. First you have a parents nightmare with the autism diagnosis, and now you have this? I dont know if I could deal with it. You must be one hell of a Dad. Good luck to your family, these are very trying times, and make sure to hug your boy every chance you get.
                            AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                            2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                            3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                            4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                            5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                            6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                            7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                              Both of you guys have awesome attitudes about your situations. Thanks for letting us know how it's all progressing.
                              100% ^ this ^
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• yes!
                                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Working...
                                X