Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote from a google search site:

What is less well known is that the Romans did invade Scotland and built another wall (The Antonine Wall) in 142AD roughly between Glasgow and Edinburgh. It was not as solid as Hadrians Wall, and most of it has disappeared but there are some bits you can still see.
    It was called the Antonine Wall because Emperor Antoninus Pius was in charge at the time.
    The Romans only stayed for about 30 years, after that they went back to Hadrians Wall further south.

End quote

As well as the wall, they had coastal lookout towers. That one we were in was dated somewhere in the 2nd century. As far as the wall is concerned, as you read above, not as strong as the Hadrians Wall......., the explanation for that is similar to today..,..., the Romans demanded help from Scottish men to build the wall. But they were all fking pished and the wall was crap.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      the Romans demanded help from Scottish men to build the wall. But they were all fking pished and the wall was crap.
      Haha, awesome.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Lol!
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Great pics, Marko.

The boys' hair is standing straight up. Did they see a Roman ghost?
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            Great pics, Marko.

The boys' hair is standing straight up. Did they see a Roman ghost?
            LOL! I'm glad you noticed that, MM. What that is.... Is bloody hairspray!! Couple of wee posers..... They spend a long time "doing their hair!"..... Worse than women. Honestly, you should see the hair products in their rooms. It's unreal. I was lying in the bath one night and sacha shouted from downstairs, "Mark, that's me away to the shop."......, instantly Matthew (the ginger one) shouts, "Mum, can you get me a tub of L'oreal Studio setting wax, the red one!"
            12 years old?? When I was 12, I was still playing with Action Man and I didn't give a witches tit what ma hair looked like.
            It's a different generation out there now.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• instantly Matthew (the ginger one) shouts, "Mum, can you get me a tub of L'oreal Studio setting wax, the red one!"
              That's when Mike Myer's scottish father character would bellow to go get on one of your mother's bras....

[ame]http://youtu.be/zCrT96QJBfQ[/ame]
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Funny you should say that, Tony.... But my son calls him "Heid" LOL. I'll hear Scott shouting, "HEID, IRN BRU..... NOOOOOWWWW!"

Comment

• Nice picks Marko, shame about the result yesterday, we've been to the Chippy at Anstruther too. IIRC there's a tiny arcade/sit on rides there? I seem to remember the kids sitting on a little ride at the end of the harbour.
                  AAL Quintez Cephus
                  If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Were you in Anstruther during July or August, Dean? Must've been their gala week when you were there if there were arcades with sit on rides. Nothing like that last Saturday. What did surprise me was the harbours edge along the front street. No wall, fence or railing......, and there is easily a 20 foot drop over the edge. So glad I wasn't there with small kids......., paranoia would've set in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                      Were you in Anstruther during July or August, Dean? Must've been their gala week when you were there if there were arcades with sit on rides. Nothing like that last Saturday. What did surprise me was the harbours edge along the front street. No wall, fence or railing......, and there is easily a 20 foot drop over the edge. So glad I wasn't there with small kids......., paranoia would've set in.
                      No it was just about 3 or 4 little amusement things, maybe I'm getting it mixed up with Auchmithie where we've also been (Arbroath Smokies, very nice). Anstruther is the place with the famous fish and chip shop though isn't it. Hope they went some way to make up for the Cup final.
                      AAL Quintez Cephus
                      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• "We are planning Scotland and Ireland next spring, we'll look you up."
                        -----------------------------Superb.

Love the pics Marko. Just a note they all appear sideways. They need a 1/4 turn counterclockwise or a 3/4 turns clockwise. I know that's a lot of math for your Scottish ass so ask Sacha. :-)
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Love the pics, Marko.
                          "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• @ Dean ....., Arbroath smokies! Aaaah! Absolutely superb eh? I'm extremely partial to an Arbroath smokie or two. Quite salty though......., they need washed down with a few ales!

@ DanO ...., You are officially the first one to get his ass smacked when we make a forum game, (not by me, OH no) but by Sacha......, her quote, "Who's he to pick fault with my picture taking. I'll put him over my knee!"........, to which I instantly replied, "Hold it there, honey. DanO might enjoy that. Think of something else!"

@ Sharkbait ...., Thank you very much.

Comment

• ""Hold it there, honey. DanO might enjoy that. Think of something else!"
                              ---------------------------------------Oh there's no "might" about it Marko. :-)
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• my daughter held her wedding receptions this past week. almost three hundred in attendance...first up is me dancing with her followed by the wedding party at the beach. aT he bottom is my second oldest niece ///12 years ago she was competing for a spot indiving on the Canadian olympic team. She was working at a large theme park and as she mounted the board, she slipped landing head first on pavement. She was sent by air ambluance for five hours of neuro surgery. Her lone side effect is she has lost the sense of smell. I asked her to send them even if they were old because I wanted my girls (who were competitive swimmers for eight years) TO appreicate the chances they had. last is weeding part at the beach april 28
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by The Cat; June 11, 2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X