No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting in the lobby just before noon waiting for the bus to take us to the cruise and I was amazed at the amount of people checking in on the 4th of July. Check in time is 3:00.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 04:38 PM.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Opposite of the check in desk, the wall had a time line and framed artifacts from the different decades. Here are a few examples.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Another example.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• .....and another.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Deleted this picture about 5 times because I could not get a good one without the reflection of the check in desk in the background but, had to have it because if you look closely, in the upper right hand corner, there is a bag phone. That is exactly like the first cell phone I owned.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• On to the cruise.

Each day we were greeted by an origami figure in our room left by our hostess.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• A view of our stateroom looking toward the interior of the ship.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Now the other half looking toward the veranda (which we used significantly during the cruise). You can kind of see me out on the veranda checking everything out (and looking for an escape route if necessary).
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• The aft of our ship while docked at Nassau.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• A shot of our ship from the first beach at Castaway Cay (pronounced, Key), our last stop and a most beautiful island, before returning to Port Canaveral. More pictures of Castaway Cay, later.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• First stop was Nassau.

Didn't care for it much. Visited Nassau on my Senior Class trip in HS but never left the hotel property except to do a scuba diving excursion.

We exited the ship and immediately got annoyed by the amount of locals that approached you to sell you a ticket for their bus tour or take a horse and buggy ride.

After leaving the terminal, we took a brief walk up several blocks (adjacent to the straw market but the way people were talking about that on board, we opted not to enter) then up a block and walked down the main drag.

Even though it was early, it was really hot and humid.

We browsed through a few stores then decided we were not going to purchase any gear so we may as well go back on board and take advantage of some of the on board activities that we might not be able to experience when the ship is fully loaded.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• I remember the bag phone too. Those were the days when cell phone sales reps would get in their car and come to your office and show you the phone and it's features. Now, I sign in to a queue at Verizon and wait in line 'til they call my name. Progress.

Comment

• Ok, we had enough, heading back onboard.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• A view looking from the forward most point accessible while docked at Nassau.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• A view of Nassau from our veranda. About 20 minutes after this shot was taken, a Carnival Cruise liner docked directly across from us and blocked the view the rest of the stay.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Malto Marko; July 12, 2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X