Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL!
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• LFIJ

incredible story and very scary
      Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Thanks guys. It had a happy ending, so it makes for a good story. :D

Marko, I think at first she was just really happy that she and Tyler were healthy, so she had plenty of time to process it. It was like forced menopause. BTW, at your story!
        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• So I don't have alot of major news to report on the current situation - one uh oh moment just a week ago with an allergic reaction to chemo that was after not much major side effects over pretty much 3 months and WHAM.....

happened very quickly, a ton of doctors descended - injections of benadryl and epinephrine, admitted overnight for observation....

so now home for another week after one more round today, he's going to be hospitalized over Easter weekend for scheduled intense chemo, 3-5 days starting Friday.

I got to work a normal week, going to try to enjoy this weekend with spring here.

If I didn't say earlier, situation is not just getting it out, is keeping it out. we were all typed for marrow transplant (if needed) none of us are matches unfortunately.

day/by week.....
          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Dang Coop, I bet that was scary. What's the process to find out if someone is a match?

Comment

• Stay strong, Bro!

Comment

• Ugh just can't imagine how difficult it is going through this. Positive thoughts are with you and your family.

I'm registered with the bone marrow people. I hope the match you need is registered also.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• My company won't allow medical time off for morrow donation, bastards
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• LFIJ - I am not sure, they wanted one of us (preferably his sister)to be the match but that didn't happen. I am not sure exactly how marrow is typed and matched. We are not told at this point that he will need it so I guess like everything else worry about that if/when.

Thanks for good thoughts - one thing I do know and see clearly that despite the difficulties things could be alot worse.
                    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Thoughts and prayers still heading your way coop.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                        Thoughts and prayers still heading your way coop.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                          Thoughts and prayers still heading your way coop.
                          Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post

Comment

• Looks like you can do a swab kit to become a donor. http://bethematch.org/Support-the-Ca...rrow-registry/

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                              Looks like you can do a swab kit to become a donor. http://bethematch.org/Support-the-Ca...rrow-registry/

Yes that's how they do it over here now too. Then if you are a possible match they take blood for further analysis and narrow down the tissue match. I know that the UK register is linked to the US one. (I went to London to give a second sample to see if I was a good match to someone in the States). Donating can be two ways, one via blood the other by taking bone marrow from the hip.
                              AAL Quintez Cephus
                              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                                My company won't allow medical time off for morrow donation, bastards
                                But you'd still register and take a weeks vacation if needed to.
                                AAL Quintez Cephus
                                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

Working...
                                X