No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I, Sharkbait, am speaking but AE is typing for me. During my last conversation with DL we were talking about the Lions and he must have sensed my disdain over how they were playing; this was the second time I got called out by someone in this forum. He told me, ?Sharkey, we are military men, we don?t quit, and we don?t surrender.? That was just before his passing. You may have noticed a change in my attitude regarding the Lions shortly there-after. Some of you and I got into little pissing matches regarding our difference in opinion in the Lions ability to win down the stretch; especially the Green Bay game. I stood my ground and still believe they had opportunities to win that game.

I am presently standing my ground in another battle. I have been hospitalized in isolation for the past week and have under gone a bone marrow biopsy on my hip and a fluid draw from my sternum. Finally found out today that I have Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML). This is the battle of my life, for my life. For those of you who pray, I need them. I love you guys and those of you who know me - know that I am ready to do battle and I will not quit. Will keep you posted as things develop.
    My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• Ah, Sharkbait, I am so sorry to hear this as I know the battle that is ahead of you. Stay strong and stay positive.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• And so the negative news continues. FUCK.

Sharkbait, we are very sorry to hear this. Both of you are in our thoughts and we send our prayers to you. It's in both yours and my bucket list to meet each other and have a beer at a forum game, so things will all turn out ok. Keep strong, buddy.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• WTF?

Prayers to you Sharkey.

Fuck cancer!
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Damn Cancer!

Stay strong, bro.

I am in your corner.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I hate this fucking thread
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Sharkbait,

Fight my brother. Fight!

The G family is pulling for you.

2015-01-28 11.16.15.jpg
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  I hate this fucking thread
                  Started off really good,..., in fact it was the best thread on the forum along with TonyG's "on this day" thread. Actually dread opening the fucking thing now.

Edit: AWESOME picture ......., That's what its all about.
                  Last edited by Marko69; January 28, 2015, 02:33 PM. Reason: Didnt see Panoptes/sharkbait picture before
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Really saddened to hear that Sharky. You are, and will be, in my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting my friend.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Yet again I spend another hour trying to think of something to say. So sorry to read this, stay strong. Perhaps we need another thread, I worry some people don't really want to post their good news in this thread. Can't believe all the bad news this last year.

Fuck cancer
                      AAL Quintez Cephus
                      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• You are in my prayers Sharkbait. I'm very sorry to hear the news. Stay strong brother.

Comment

• Terrible news, the hits just keep coming. Cancer sucks. Keep fighting Sharkbait, my prayers are with you.

Comment

• Thoughts and prayers your way, Shark & AE. I know you'll beat this, sir.
                            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Man, That sucks Sharky. You kicked Millens ass, I know you can do it again!
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I'm so sorry to hear this, Sharkey - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
                                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Working...
                                X