No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angeleyes, thanks for the update. You are one strong lady. As bad as it might sound in some ways, in others, it sounds like he is navigating the tough waters. It also sounds like he has a bone marrow donor which is good. I have seen people respond well to this treatment. You and Sharkbait as in my prayers.

Comment

• Thanks for the update AE. Really hope Sharkbait gets well with the treatment.

Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
      ...It also sounds like he has a bone marrow donor which is good. ...
      Sounded the same to me.

Positive toughts and keep fighting!
      Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
      🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 114 Platinum Trophies
      https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
        That prognosis doesn't sound great, AE. I hope the "with treatment" is a lot more than 3-6 months.
        The only thing the Dr. mentioned doing the chemo treatment only is that with the complex karyotype that he has, the outcomes are not good. I like the Dr. as he is honest and tells the truth. He never gave a time frame because some people do win the battle. SB won the battle once and thinking positive he will win this battle. He has an army around him that will back him up; may be rough waters throughout this whole process, but he is fighting all the way.
        My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• AE,

Be sure to take care of yourself as well during this trying time. You two are in my family's thoughts.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
            Angeleyes, thanks for the update. You are one strong lady. As bad as it might sound in some ways, in others, it sounds like he is navigating the tough waters. It also sounds like he has a bone marrow donor which is good. I have seen people respond well to this treatment. You and Sharkbait as in my prayers.
            There has only been talking about the bone marrow transplant and there is a lot of testing that he has to do so that they can find the perfect match. Non of that stuff has started yet; that will all be done at a different hospital out of town. The closest one would be 1 1/2 hours away from where we live. So no donor information yet. I have also heard great outcomes with different types of treatment.

SB always says that I am his rock,to help him get through things and continue to fight; but there are times where this rock crumbles. I have been so busy with everything and my plate is over-heaping, that when I finally had a free minute, it then really hit me with what we are really dealing with here. I try to stay strong, but it does not work all the time.

Comment

• Sounds like you're doing a wonderful job AE.

Hopes and prayers for both Sharky and you.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                Sounds like you're doing a wonderful job AE.

Ditto!

Comment

• Switched some medication early this evening as the side effect is way out of control. Gonna be a long roller coaster of ups and downs this next week until the old medication gets out of his system. Can't wait to tell the doctors in the morning "I told you so"; but at least he still knows who I am.

Comment

• how can he forget...prayers to all
                    If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Wow, AE.

Thanks for the updates.

My heart it heavy for you and your family.

Continual prayers for good news.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                        Sounds like you're doing a wonderful job AE.

I do what I can but I can't do everything; and this is all out of our hands now. There is only 1 person that knows how things will go and for how long and what the outcome will be. We can only hope and pray for the best.

Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
                        how can he forget...prayers to all
                        I should have added that he does not know who his Dr. is and some of these nurses. I am thinking it is part of his side effects as the Dr. did state the meds. can mess with the brain and talking; some may be temporary and some may be permanent. (But once you meet me, how can you forget me.) ;)

Comment

• Thoughts and prayers still going your way.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeleyes View Post
                            I do what I can but I can't do everything; and this is all out of our hands now. There is only 1 person that knows how things will go and for how long and what the outcome will be. We can only hope and pray for the best.

I should have added that he does not know who his Dr. is and some of these nurses. I am thinking it is part of his side effects as the Dr. did state the meds. can mess with the brain and talking; some may be temporary and some may be permanent. (But once you meet me, how can you forget me.) ;)
                            The meds definitely mess with the brain and talking. When my Grandma was in the hospital she said and did some goofy things.

One time she thought she was in China. I told her no, she was at the hospital where she always went. Then she asked me how she got in the Chinaland Wing. I told her, no you're in the Cardiac Wing.

Another time she time she thought there was a Bar on the floor above and that all the Doctors and nurses were hanging out up there.

Another time I came in her room and she was sitting one of those big chairs completely naked. She had lotion all over hands and looked to be putting it on her lower back. I asked what she was doing, but she didn't respond. I spoke a little louder (she was hard of hearing) and asked again, she shouts out my vag---- itches. I think the entire floor heard. The nurse ran in and cleaned her up.

I miss visiting with her.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
                              The meds definitely mess with the brain and talking. When my Grandma was in the hospital she said and did some goofy things.

One time she thought she was in China. I told her no, she was at the hospital where she always went. Then she asked me how she got in the Chinaland Wing. I told her, no you're in the Cardiac Wing.

Another time she time she thought there was a Bar on the floor above and that all the Doctors and nurses were hanging out up there.

Another time I came in her room and she was sitting one of those big chairs completely naked. She had lotion all over hands and looked to be putting it on her lower back. I asked what she was doing, but she didn't respond. I spoke a little louder (she was hard of hearing) and asked again, she shouts out my vag---- itches. I think the entire floor heard. The nurse ran in and cleaned her up.

I miss visiting with her.
                              That must've been an interesting day for the docs......, granny with an itchy hole and you coming?! Ffs, CapBlue!
                              Joe King! :smile:

Sounds like you may be oblivious to well wishes Sharkyboy, but keep at it, and get well soon.
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Took a break last night from the hospital and spent time with all of my girls for supper at Red Lobster. From left to right: Amber (youngest), Pam (oldest & in the Navy), Angeleyes, Melinda (2nd oldest & the mother to my grandson), and Nicole (my 3rd & the one that lives in CA.)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X