Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is great to read there, LFIJ.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
      Got a chance to speak with Shark & AE over Skype. Was great to see him and chat for a bit! He's doing awesome considering all the shit he's been through. AE was also in good spirits, although I don't envy her homework schedule.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Great news LFIJ. I talked to AE a few days back.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• That's niiiiiice news J
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• thanks LFIJ!

Comment

• sharky.jpg
              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
                [ATTACH]3863[/ATTACH]
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Comment

• Mick - I've talked/texted AE a bit. glad you are home. Hopefully sleeping, eating, regaining strength.
                    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Thanks, Coop. Being at home is a gift I really appreciate. My strength is nowhere near what I wish it was, but anytime at home is better than in the hospital. Doctors are thinking 2 more rounds of chemo before stem cell, not sure how I will manage that, but looking for strength somewhere, this chemo is really wicked.
                      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• I am thinking that Chemo against Cancer with today's doctors is similar to bloodletting to doctors in the 16th century.

I am not saying I have an alternative but, it would seem that with the money that has been spent in the name of research, and new technology that can replace using humans as guinea pigs, there would be more treatments available than just Chemo.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            I am thinking that Chemo against Cancer with today's doctors is similar to bloodletting to doctors in the 16th century.

I am not saying I have an alternative but, it would seem that with the money that has been spent in the name of research, and new technology that can replace using humans as guinea pigs, there would be more treatments available than just Chemo.
                            There is, but the chemo treatments cost the most money; so why do something else? Otherwise there is radiation and surgery that is available and some even have clinical trials. I am sure it also does depend on which type of cancer you have and at what stage it is.
                            My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• Malto - from a firsthand perspective, bluntly, chemo gave Simon 10+ months of life. There is progress made daily against various types of cancer. Right now, with certain cancers, there really is no other choice.
                              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I'll say as well that for the first six months of chemo, Simon skated through it for the most part. Doctors know, for the most part, how to minimize the side effects. With Shark - he's older, and the older we get - recovery from anything like this takes longer. Simon was only 9...
                                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X