• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome CL.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
      I forgot to post this. My dad turned 80 in February. One of my brothers flew in from Boston, I flew in from Denver and we surprised him. When we walked in, his response was, "What the hell is this?" We drove up to East Lansing to see a Spartan hoops game. It was the first I'd seen in Breslin (I was there for the last years of Jenison) and the first college hoops game my dad had seen since going to see Dickie V., Terry Duerod, Earl Cureton and the boys at Calihan Hall.
      That's awesome and obviously the reason why the Spartans wound up doing so well in the Tournament this year.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Fantastic!
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• AAL Quintez Cephus
          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• great pic.
            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• That is superb, CL.

Don't know if it's you or your brother wearing that Spartans top but I desperately want that. Post some details on where it was purchased if you are able to. Cheers.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That's a great picture & story, CL!
                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Right, I come on the forum most days sharing in all the happy and sad times the forum goes through. Thought it was time I posted something up after prompting from the Draft thread.

We are a family of 4 from Cheshire, England - Me (Mark), my wife Helen, son Harry and daughter Amber.

My daughter, Amber, was diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes just over 2 yrs ago at the age of 6. Right from the start we said that we had to make it as positive an experience as possible, tricky when you have to get her through 12 finger pricks and 4 injections every day.
                  Early on Amber decided she wanted to raise money by making badges, selling them at school fairs, in the supermarket foyer and to anyone unlucky enough to venture into our house.
                  She then decided to ask her friends at school to join in a sweet fast for a weekend, she got up on stage and told them about diabetes and asked them to join her.
                  Fashion shows followed and I think the next event is a 24 hour dance-a-thon.
                  She raised over ?4000 for diabetes UK, and was also filmed for a fundraising video.
                  Our local MP (Senator?) also arranged for her to go down to the Houses of Parliament for a private tour - we threw in the London eye, London dungeons etc.

Anyway onto the fun part - Earlier this year Diabetes UK were holding a fund raising/80th anniversary at St James Palace, London. Amber was asked to go down and meet the Queen, who is the patron of the charity.
                  She also gave a speech to over 100 benefactors to try and get them to loosen their wallets.

Sorry for the waffle, I think I just wanted to say that as previously a glass half empty type my daughter has shown me that, even though it doesn't solve everything - being positive can lead to some pretty fantastic opportunities!

Attached is a pic of Amber with the Queen - an unforgettable experience, where she was really made to feel like the most important person there.

Mark
                  Attached Files

Comment

• What a special day for a special girl!! Great photo.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Great stuff CL and Cleggy.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Bet her majesty was nervous as all heck at the thought of meeting Amber.
                        Nice, very nice.....A keeper of a picture to pass down to family members for centuries.

I hope Amber writes down her thoughts about the day so future family can share her once in a lifetime experience.

Comment

• AAL Quintez Cephus
                          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• @cleggy
                              @Colorado Lion

Priceless
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Did the queen lose her hand in a freak cupped-palm waving accident?

Playing Bohemian Rhapsody with one hand must have been tough.
                                Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                                X