No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry Dean. It's a hard thing and my thoughts are with you and your family.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Sorry for your loss, Dean, but I'm glad you were able to have as much time with him as you did.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• My condolences Dean.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your dad, Dean. I echo exactly what LFIJ said. I hope you are able to get past that heart breaking grieving time and then remember all the good times.

Excellent photo, AE......, You have wall to wall gorgeous women in your family Sharky!
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Thanks for all the kind words, it does mean a lot. I'll just post one of the last pictures of him. I had been asking him for ages if there was anywhere he wanted to go, this usually resulted in a trip to a local shopping centre! Finally he said he wanted to go to the seaside, so I rounded up the family borrowed a 6 seater car from work thanks to my Boss and headed for the coast, although I had to go a back road, which took about an hour longer, then we had to go to a garden centre, I honestly wondered if we would actually see the sea, but eventually we did and he had a great time crabbing with the kids. Although we didn't seem to get a picture of them all together. He also managed to eat a huge pot of Whelks and a huge pot of cockles (Not sure if these are terms used in the US) Whelks are still something I cannot bring myself to try to eat.

Last edited by DeanUK; August 21, 2015, 05:02 PM.
            AAL Quintez Cephus
            If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• GREAT time with your dad and the kids. Glad you got to experience it.

Never heard of Whelks and cockles.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Great pic. Dean!
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Great moment in that pic Dean. What was your Dad's first name?

Comment

• I missed the pic the first time. Nice photo Dean. Great memory.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Really sorry for your loss Dean.
                      Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
                      🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 118 Platinum Trophies
                      https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• With you 100% on the Whelks thing, Dean. You might as well just take a "booger" from your kids nose and eat that.

I wonder who the first sick person was to say, "Think I'll pick that out of that shell and eat it."
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Sign that the granddaughter is getting older. Was on the Edinburgh tram earlier today and we saw a guy holding a big cuddly monkey toy thing........, so I started doing these "AHH AHHH AHHHHHH AHHHHHHH" monkey noises. She just looked at me like I was a complete arsehole.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• They sure grow up quick, don't they Grandpa?

Comment

• They certainly do, MM.

I said, "Was that not funny?"
                              "No Papa. You are silly!"

:|

Comment

• LOL!

Last month I was messing with my 9 year old granddaughter and when she cornered me with a question, I admitted I was pulling her leg.

After admitting that, I told her to go slip on a pair of long pants and see if one leg is a bit longer than the other.

She just gave me this "Seriously?" look, rolled her eyes then went to her mother for comfort who was standing there witnessing the conversation.

Both Mom and I broke out in laughter when she threw in the white flag.

Comment

Working...
                                X