Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awww, how cute.
    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• seltbelt boy? how did he get that?
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That is brilliant MM. I couldn't ask sachas dad for his permission.... He was suffering from dementia. Probably wouldve ended up telling me war stories.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I didnt ask my wife's dad either. I knew he would say no, I just knew he would. The whole family said I was a bad fit for their daughter. So I just asked my wife, she said yes, we got married the next May. I asked my wife's brother to be part of the wedding party, he declined the offer because the whole family still thought I was a bad fit.

Well that was nearly 12 years ago now, and the whole family at one time or another said how wrong they were about me, that makes me feel a little bit better about the matter. After a while I asked my father in law (who I get along with great now FYI) what he would have said if I would have asked permission to marry his daughter, he told me that he probably would have physically picked me up and thrown me out the door.

So I am glad I didn't ask permission, because he would have be capable of doing just that.
          AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
            seltbelt boy? how did he get that?
            It is his identity for his e-mail as well as on this forum. He engineers seatbelt systems for several of the larger Auto manufacturers.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Islair View Post
              I didnt ask my wife's dad either. I knew he would say no, I just knew he would. The whole family said I was a bad fit for their daughter. So I just asked my wife, she said yes, we got married the next May. I asked my wife's brother to be part of the wedding party, he declined the offer because the whole family still thought I was a bad fit.

Well that was nearly 12 years ago now, and the whole family at one time or another said how wrong they were about me, that makes me feel a little bit better about the matter. After a while I asked my father in law (who I get along with great now FYI) what he would have said if I would have asked permission to marry his daughter, he told me that he probably would have physically picked me up and thrown me out the door.

So I am glad I didn't ask permission, because he would have be capable of doing just that.
              What was the objection Islair? Along with the long hair, did you stink of weed or something? An entire family not liking you....., bit extreme. Great that you didnt ask though buddy, you got an awesome looking family now.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• It is his identity for his e-mail as well as on this forum. He engineers seatbelt systems for several of the larger Auto manufacturers.
                Cool, though a bit boring compared to some lively story or anecdote about them. ;-)
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• What was the objection Islair? Along with the long hair, did you stink of weed or something? An entire family not liking you....., bit extreme. Great that you didnt ask though buddy, you got an awesome looking family now.
                  I bet it was pulling up in a van that had a waterbed like this

with one of these bumperstickers

Comment

• I want that van.

Comment

• Check this out LFIJ. Me and my son were at Hampden Park last May for the Hibs v Jambofuckwit debacle. We also taped it on sky. My son captured this and took a photo of it. Thats Ivan Sproule sandwiched between my son (Left) and me. Ivan had just been booked for an offence that was laughable, the jambo dropped like he had been shot......, and as you can see....., we are not best pleased.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• LOL at those expressions!

And waterbeds SUCK. They sound great until you actually try and...you know.

In college some friends and I sublet a house from 3 frat boys, and each of those little casanovas had a waterbed. They couldn't move them for the summer, so we had no choice but to use them while we were living therer. We were all excited about it until we actually had to sleep in them. Not fun.
                        Last edited by kayrone; February 28, 2013, 05:07 PM.
                        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                          What was the objection Islair? Along with the long hair, did you stink of weed or something? An entire family not liking you....., bit extreme. Great that you didnt ask though buddy, you got an awesome looking family now.
                          Well back in High School my wife was one of those people that excelled at everything she did, sports, grades, extra curricular groups, orchestra (first chair violin), etc. She was destined for greatness and a giant step forward on the social ladder.

Then along comes this flannel wearing smoker (hey come on, it was the 90's), that was a real wise ass. Drove some junk car, had friends with questionable morals and ethics, bombed out of his first college for smoking too much weed, wasnt much of a planner when it came to his future, and was taking a real interest in the arts in a town that didnt support anything artistic.

They thought I would drag her down to my level, and crush and stomp out all of her dreams just because I could. The thing is though, I was being groomed to purchase an art gallery when the current owners decided to hang it all in about 15 years or so, and I was really excited about that, but then my wife got accepted into a school in a different state, and I gave it all up so she could follow her dreams. This was a real turning point when her parents thought much better of me.

I wasnt going to be that guy who shattered all of her dreams, I was the guy that was going to help her succeed in everything she wanted to do. Hell, what guy doesnt want his wife to thrive and be happy? Once her parents realized this it was a whole new ballgame, and I have been welcomed with open arms, even if it did take a while for them to open them. So all is good.

I did eventually ask my father in law what he would have said if I would have asked him to marry his daughter, and he told me that he probably would have picked me up and thrown me out of his home. He is the kind of guy that is capable of such an action too. Lucky I didnt ask him, I kind of like being alive.

Looking back at it though, if the 20 year old me shows up on my doorstep to try and date my daughter, I am going to try and put the run on him too. At least until he grows up some and I feel he is not a dream smasher.
                          Last edited by Islair; February 28, 2013, 07:10 PM.
                          AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                            Cool, though a bit boring compared to some lively story or anecdote about them. ;-)
                            .....actually his sense of humor is really dry but, he is a good guy and has learned how to have fun.

Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                            LOL at those expressions!

And waterbeds SUCK. They sound great until you actually try and...you know.

In college some friends and I sublet a house from 3 frat boys, and each of those little casanovas had a waterbed. They couldn't move them for the summer, so we had no choice but to use them while we were living therer. We were all excited about it until we actually had to sleep in them. Not fun.
                            Ahhhhhhh, I disagree.

I am guessing the waterbed mattresses they had did not have a waffle in it.

I had a King waterbed with a waffle (and on this side of the pond) a heater and both Mrs. Malto and I agree we have not had a better bed since.

We dismantled it because it was a KIng size and took up all the room in our bedroom and Mrs. Malto wanted to put a Dresser with mirror and two dressers for clothes.

......go figure.

..........Mrs. Malto keeps saying we should get another but, because of the lack of demand we can not find the hybrid model we need.

.......and they do require maintenance......

.......I still have the framing for it in the garage and she keeps telling me to throw it out but I have hope some day, the craftsmanship of the framing I have can be used.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              Check this out LFIJ. Me and my son were at Hampden Park last May for the Hibs v Jambofuckwit debacle. We also taped it on sky. My son captured this and took a photo of it. Thats Ivan Sproule sandwiched between my son (Left) and me. Ivan had just been booked for an offence that was laughable, the jambo dropped like he had been shot......, and as you can see....., we are not best pleased.
                              Haha, I can only imagine the obscenities you were yelling at that point.
                              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• My daughter and wife (daughter's birthday today)
                                Attached Files
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X