Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    Abba releasing new songs......., and the wife playing them all evening on the Alexa contraption.

ray donovan omg GIF by Sky

You can dance
    You can jive
    Having the time of your life
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I meant to post this a while ago, but spaced it. It's as random as it gets, so this seems like a good spot.

I donated a kidney to a friend of mine in June. There's only one reason why I'd bring this up in a Lions forum, and it's not to try to make a bunch of people who I don't really know think I'm Mother Teresa. (My dad's parents were both born in Albania, as was MT. The similarities end there.)

This procedure is a lot more common than you might think, and there are a lot of people in need of a kidney donor. If any of you maniacs need a kidney, or are thinking about donating, or know anyone else in either situation, I'd be more than happy to share my experience and help out any way I can. You can message me and we'll work out the best way to communicate.

As of now, so far, so great.

Comment

• Wow, CL! That's a pretty awesome gift you gave your friend! Glad you have recovered well. I have two family members on the waiting list, so thank you for this message.

Does a one-kidney system leave you any more susceptible to problems in the future?
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• No national or international disasters today please ……. Just informed the Prez of the TWELVE K !!! He’s busy celebrating with the Scotch-Land twat.

Joe Biden Happy Dance GIF by Saturday Night Live
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I don't know what that means but sending you good wishes....lol.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Wow.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                Wow, CL! That's a pretty awesome gift you gave your friend! Glad you have recovered well. I have two family members on the waiting list, so thank you for this message.

Does a one-kidney system leave you any more susceptible to problems in the future?
                Before I did it, I thought the testing they do on donors was so they could make sure the recipient gets some USDA Prime kidney. It's actually to make sure the donor can make it through without any ill effects. At the very end of the final round of testing, the kidney doc went through all of my test results and showed me what my risk of developing kidney disease would be without donating. I think it was .3%. He said the risk can go up 3-5 times after donating, which still ended up with me being below the average risk.

They also said I need to keep an eye on blood pressure, because that could increase. That's about it. I'll think to myself at random times, "Oh, that's right. I only have one kidney," then laugh out loud.

As for your family members, the recipient recovery takes a little longer because it's open surgery, as opposed to laparoscopic on the donor side. My friend was home 4 days after surgery. The great news is that the new kidney starts kicking in and taking the nasty stuff out of your bloodstream immediately. No more dialysis afterwards, and my friend needed 8 and a half hours of it every day before surgery.

Something crazy I never knew: they don't take a kidney out of the recipient. They just connect the new one and leave the other two.

Comment

• Wow, that IS crazy, I didn't realize that. And glad it's such a low risk endeavor for you after that thorough testing!!

Both of my relatives on the list already had a kidney transplant, they've both just gone over the 100,000 mile marker and need to do it again. :(
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• When is Matthew Stafford retiring? Fucking soon we must hope.
                    Jaysus H….,,. Just doesnt happen on a Hibs forum. Player leaves, THATS IT…… fk off, bye bye!
                    🤦‍♂️
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Marko69, It's not alternative Dan - but I suspect you might enjoy this.

Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I don't think Stafford is going to retire anytime soon. Not when he's playing like the best ayernin the NFL.

Comment

• When did a Trickolicious post become as rare as a Harry Boyle Post?
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Since Gonz left the board
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• “I would be surprised, but I don’t see any evidence of it. The fact that he would be living the best quarterback int egg game to somebody else. That doesn’t make any sense, does it?”
                              LOL! No it doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                                Wow.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X