No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad they've been utter shite ever since.

I mean, they've found almost as many ways to lose as the Lions.

Comment

• So......... the Man Utd of the 70s/80s then?

Unlike the Lions, they?ve found sensational ways to win. Champions League, 3-0 down at HT? 2005/06 season. Probably the most memorable soccer final ever.

And another great win at the Etihad tonight v Man Citeh! Mo Salah. What a player.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• My most enduring memory of Liverpool was leading the Premier League (think it was 2014), needing something like 2 points in the final three games to win their first title since forever... dropping two and drawing one to lose the title on the final day.

I mean, that's some Lions-level failure there.
        Last edited by chemiclord; April 10, 2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Yep, Stevie G?s fault.

I thought what was even funnier was when Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City & Liverpool were all having equally shitty, inconsistent seasons, leaving the door open for Spurs, ........ and Leicester win it!

It?s funnier because I have a Spurs buddy predicting all season long that his heroes were gonnae win it!
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            Yep, Stevie G’s fault.

I thought what was even funnier was when Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City & Liverpool were all having equally shitty, inconsistent seasons, leaving the door open for Spurs, ........ and Leicester win it!

It’s funnier because I have a Spurs buddy predicting all season long that his heroes were gonnae win it!
            Gonna admit, I like Harry Kane (and Tottenham by extension), but Leicester's run that year was something else. SO many people had career years all at once. I don't think you'll ever see that long of a shot win a major league title in any sport again. Weren't they something like 5000 to 1 to start the season?

And to top it all off, I recall Arsenal caught the Spurs on the final day to celebrate like the 20th St. Totteringham's Day in a row. Double gut punch.
            Last edited by chemiclord; April 11, 2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• Yes, that’s a “thing” with some people in this country. Opposition fans turning up to celebrate their rivals demise. Several hundred Jambo fuckers got tickets to the Hamilton v Hibs game in 2013 to watch Hibs get relegated. Sick bstds!

Regarding Leicester and the 5000/1, ..... thousands of locals had put on a small 10 pound note on their home town team winning the EPL, obviously going to pay out 50K.,..... BUT, (and this made a BBC Radio Two topic) , the bookies were cashing out 20K with 5 games to play, and when Spurs could still mathematically catch them ———> AND most of them cashed out!

Bottling bstds, ...... no faith in their team! Haha.

Comment

• Juventus brings back a 0-3 deficit at Bernabeu and the official at the death not only awards a penalty but sends off Buffon to boot. About the softest foul and clear dive there ever was, the guy wasn't even trying to play the ball.

How to ruin a great match.

Comment

• Dude ran over the Madrid attacker right in front of the goal before the ball even got to him. Soft or not, that's going to be a penalty roughly 100% of the time.

Buffon losing his mind over it was the dumbest thing he could have done in what is (allegedly) his last CL match.

Comment

• That’s what Real Madrid do. They’re a million miles from the La Liga title and their only hope of silverware is the Champions League ——-> 90 + 7 penalty!

You say that’s a penalty roughly 100% of the time, Chemiclord....., English ref, Michael Oliver wouldn’t have had the balls to award that if the roles were reversed, he’d a have been murdered at full time. Very corrupt football club. Wouldn’t be surprised if Oliver received a “bung” for that!

I also think any keeper would’ve lost their shit,...... yes you may look like a tit during and afterwards, but Buffon was rightly very angry at the decision. It doesn’t take any shine off his glittering career imo.

Great penalty though. Top right with speed...... awesome.

Comment

• I don't know why everyone hates the NFL offseason.

There is a ton of quality soccer play to 'catch the fever'.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJysRucifRA"]2017 Funny Dives & Simulation ? HD - YouTube[/ame]
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Weiser's was like he headbutted a beehive. Hilarious.

Comment

• Last night in the European Champions League Final. Come on, Panoptes..... even you can appreciate this.

[ame]https://youtu.be/7JbOoJ_dge4[/ame]

Comment

• Nah, but he probably would have thought Ramos's jujitsu takedown of Saleh was just "good hard football" and Saleh should have walked it off.

I mean, soccer players don't even USE their shoulders!

Comment

• They were looking very dangerous going forward up until that very moment. Fk knows what Ramos was doing. Definite game changer. Lallana is light years away from Salah in terms of quality. Looks like Mo may also be struggling to make the World Cup with Egypt.

Having said that, the liverpool goalkeeper accepting Real Madrid bungs didn’t help!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                They were looking very dangerous going forward up until that very moment. Fk knows what Ramos was doing. Definite game changer. Lallana is light years away from Salah in terms of quality. Looks like Mo may also be struggling to make the World Cup with Egypt.

Having said that, the liverpool goalkeeper accepting Real Madrid bungs didn?t help!
                                Oh, it's pretty DAMN clear what he was doing.

It's the same sort of thing Steve Marchment did back during his NHL days. It was just COINCIDENCE that he made knee-to-knee contact with the opposition's star player and blew out the dude's MCL! I mean, he wasn't even LOOKING at the dude! So what if this is the fifteenth time it's happened!

Ramos was out to intentionally injure Saleh. That's his schtick (it's certainly not the first time Ramos has wound up "inexplicably" tangled up with an opponent's top player that's led to injury), and it's absolutely transparent to anyone who isn't a UEFA official.

Dude should be banned from the sport for life.

Comment

Working...
                                X