No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh, that was a pretty standard challenge there from a CB in space. He couldn't plan that kind of "sweep the leg" moment if he tried. Salah just fell on his shoulder awkwardly.

They might want to have had Karius drug tested after that howler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
      Meh, that was a pretty standard challenge there from a CB in space. He couldn't plan that kind of "sweep the leg" moment if he tried. Salah just fell on his shoulder awkwardly.

They might want to have had Karius drug tested after that howler.
      And if this was the first time, I'd buy it.

But this is yet another mark in a VERY long history of Ramos getting "tangled up" and by sheer coincidence his opponent (who just happens to be the opponent's top player of course) winds up injured.

Dude's been straight red carded 24 times in his career for precisely these antics. He's a menace and needs to permanently banned from playing the sport.

Comment

• Banned from the sport? You being serious?
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          Banned from the sport? You being serious?

Yes he is.

Obvious breaking of the rules of this nature deserves banishment, in his mind.

Behavior that draws a red card suggests, like fighting in hockey, that goon is being rewarded, if allowed to continue.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            And if this was the first time, I'd buy it.

But this is yet another mark in a VERY long history of Ramos getting "tangled up" and by sheer coincidence his opponent (who just happens to be the opponent's top player of course) winds up injured.

Dude's been straight red carded 24 times in his career for precisely these antics. He's a menace and needs to permanently banned from playing the sport.
            I'm not going to comment on his history, just that particular challenge. That was a nothing burger from what I saw. See that kind of challenge at least a dozen times a game in EPL play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
              I'm not going to comment on his history, just that particular challenge. That was a nothing burger from what I saw. See that kind of challenge at least a dozen times a game in EPL play.
              Fucking wwwhit?? A dozen times a game? What EPL games are you watching?

Like you said earlier (Fraq) .., it?s how he landed that?s the main issue. Nothing else.

Regarding defenders; they all get up to nonsense throughout their careers as do strikers with their diving in the box.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Yes, a dozen. The only difference is Salah didn't roll around like he had his left nut torn off like you see in the vast majority of challenges today.

Comment

• But........ Ramos is guilty of locking Salahs arm tight to his own body and dragging him down. Again, where do you see that a dozen times a game? You sure it?s the EPL you are watching and not some dodgy Columbian Shyte?

Comment

• Wow! New forum. Very new forum!!

Rep of Ireland v USA friendly tonight........ no one gives a shit........ but an 8:08pm kick off? Thought it was typing mistake but nope, definitely a very precise, 8:08pm kick off.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see the US playing a better team with their youngsters. Missing a World Cup forces a team to do a long needed makeover. Things will look a lot better if some of the other young guys produce like Pulisic. Sarachan is a better manager to do a youth movement than either Arena or Klinsmann were. Egos got in the way with both.

Comment

• Klinsmann had a solid plan; he knew what had to be done, but US Soccer didn't want to hear it, and Klinsmann didn't have the clout or the ability on the sidelines to get results that would bend them to his will.

Arena's sole job was to do whatever he could to not rock the boat. As long as US Soccer remains the MLS "All-Star" team, they're going to suck.

Because MLS sucks in every way. Garbage league with garbage talent and no motivation whatsoever to improve either.

Comment

• Draw would've probably been the fair result......., but kick in the American nuts, 90th minute. 2-1 Ireland.

Comment

• Klinsmann had no plan, the dude was a charlatan who had zero tactical ability. He was always quick to blame everyone else. He loved to play people out of position. He talked a big game but was clueless and had to rely on old USA bunker ball any time there was a big game. His plan sucked, he sucked, Arena was past his prime.

Comment

• He correctly noted that MLS was a garbage league with garbage talent and no motivation to improve on either score. That's why he tried to encourage players to go to Europe and tried to cap players who were already playing there. He was absolutely correct that the only way the USMNT was going anywhere anytime soon was to break MLS's grip on that roster.

Unfortunately, his actual managing skills were terrible.

Arena was brought back to reestablish the national team as the advertising wing of MLS. The best thing that could have happened was their flame out in World Cup qualifying. Because there was no way the status quo could be maintained after that failure.
                              Last edited by chemiclord; June 2, 2018, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Klinsmann had no plan, the dude was a charlatan who had zero tactical ability. He was always quick to blame everyone else. He loved to play people out of position. He talked a big game but was clueless and had to rely on old USA bunker ball any time there was a big game. His plan sucked, he sucked, Arena was past his prime.
                                You need talent before you can even think of changing tactics beyond parking the bus. What he wanted to do he couldn't with the team he had.
                                Lets be honest, he was in over his head on day 1 of the job because he simply couldn't fathom the lack of ability in the U.S. He had more options if he was coaching Germany's B team.

Comment

Working...
                                X