No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cristiano Renaldo probably got Lambroghinis made of teeth. Ha!

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by FVD View Post
      Does Canada and Mexico also get automatic spots on the tournament or just the US?
      With few exceptions, virtually every World Cup after this will have to be a joint venture. There are few nations that have the infrastructure, or that can actually use infrastructure afterwards that is exclusively made for the World Cup. By precedent, host nations are auto qualifiers, but as far as I am aware no official decision has been reached.

All I know is the U.S. is providing 17 stadiums for this World Cup, they virtually have to be auto qualifiers.

Where I'm confused is a 48 team, 80 match format. How can you have and even number of teams and also an even number of matches? The final is 1 match, and all other matches are divisible by 2. It has to be an odd number.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Now you're getting it.

Sorry about your MIL. Hope she GWSThe . Safe travels.
            Cheers.

It was a delayed hangover! She was out with friends last night....... thought she was feeling ok this morning....... but then the hangover crept in! The bus trip home was apparently not good!
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Where I'm confused is a 48 team, 80 match format. How can you have and even number of teams and also an even number of matches? The final is 1 match, and all other matches are divisible by 2. It has to be an odd number.
                The World Cup has a third-place match between the two teams that lose the semi-final. That's where the 80th match comes from.

Comment

• Have only 1 on ignore, can't stand trolling meme's.
                  Shitfuckton is just for emphasis. A fuckton is more than most can fathom anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by FVD View Post
                    Does Canada and Mexico also get automatic spots on the tournament or just the US?
                    All three get automatic bids.

Comment

• After the Colombia game Fox showed Portland versus Atlanta in the MLS. That Atlanta crowd is amazing, I'm not sure I have ever heard a crowd that consistently loud.

Comment

• That 2026 format means 16 groups, 3 teams in each group (2 games in group stage) and 32 teams advancing to the knockout stage. It's the only way to get to the 80 count, as I keep forgetting they have a 3rd place game in the World Cup. I think those opening group matches are going to be even tighter than they currently are, and the 2nd matches will likely be wide open - especially for those matches with teams that lost their 1st match.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                          That 2026 format means 16 groups, 3 teams in each group (2 games in group stage)
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Comment

• Anyone see Iran v Portugal?

VAR anyone?

Fucking farce.

I now get it that Panoptes will never be a soccer fan......., but with VAR, he REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY will NEVER EVER EVER be a soccer fan.

Anyone shouting audibly at their TVs? FUUUUK that was difficult to watch.

Thanks for FUCKING UP the soccer FIFA.

And get a Fucking rule sorted out for the cheating, diving Latino cunts. Fucking incompetent bawbags.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/core/webkit-fake-url://30a51cc5-3f66-4c86-9ae6-6eb17ef8e1f1/imagepng
                                Wait...what? Webkit-fake-url.....whatchu talkin bout Willis?
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X