No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know much about them other than they started as a semi-pro team 7 years ago. Early on they had a lot of guys playing that were working full time jobs elsewhere. Their fans are pretty boisterous doing European cosplay marching through Hamtramck before the game. They draw 6k a game consistently. I want to catch a game there to mostly see how the stadium looks that full. When we used to go there some of the sections were not suitable to occupy.

Comment

• Jake: "Sophie said, "soccer is the most popular sport in the world." (changes basketball game to soccer)

Charlie: (as he quickly changes the channel back to basketball) "Then they don't need us."

- Men

????
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Also Liverpool v Chelsea

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Also Liverpool v Chelsea
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I'll take the Jambo's 1-0.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• From memory, Maurizio Pochettino was crying after last seasons CL semi final & CL final. He must've been bawling his eyes out last night. That's a shocker at home.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Someone on football365 wrote that the Tottenham decline has been happening in plain sight but the Champions League final appearance masked that. They had the stat that since the beginning of 2019 they have lost 11 games in the premiere league, Newcastle has lost 12 in the same span.

Pochettino is a good manager but he has probably been there too long. They don't spend for new players and the existing ones have heard all of his speeches.

Comment

• #berhalterout

Comment

• Is this 2-0 defeat seen as a "giant killing" for Canada?

Could be worse. Could be Malta being beaten by the Faroe Islands!

Sorry, Malto. Shouldn't laugh......., Scotland thoroughly suck atm.

Comment

• The US hasn't lost to America's Hat in 34 years and they lost decisively. Canada is improving as a soccer nation but this is ridiculous. This dude doesn't know what he's doing. It took a yearlong coaching search and US Soccer hired the brother of the guy running US Soccer.

Comment

• 34 Years?? Wow.

Can you think of anyone who'd be a good fit for the men's US soccer team?

Comment

• You or I would be a better fit, this dude is actively making the team worse. If you were coach and told them to play bunker ball they would beat almost every CONCACAF team besides Mexico and Costa Rica.

Comment

• Froot Loops. Did you manage to see Man Utd v Liverpool yesterday?

If so, what were your thoughts on the "possible" penalty that could've went to VAR in the dying seconds just prior to that final corner kick? The Man Utd player coming forward, seemingly twisting his body to shoulder the ball away? I thought "penalty" in normal fast motion play and I just cannot believe it didn't even go to VAR. Ref Atkinson stood there for a few seconds listening then nothing was given.

I think they genuinely feared Man Utd fans going absolute nuts so it wasn't given. Penalty for me though. Seen penalties given for far less.

Comment

Working...
                                X