Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Nothing wrong wi Big Dunc. A warrior in a Scotland jersey. It was Dundee United he played for......, and he nearly caused riot in front of the East Stand at ER back in the day. I think invented the 'SSSHHH" gesture and some Hibees didn't like it. He's hilarious. And was happy for him on v Chelski.

Really sorry for banging on about Hibs, Froot Loops......, but the video below is exactly how things would go in Detroit. Exactly. 114 years since a cup win, SO, no living soul had ever witnessed a Hibs cup win. Much like the Lions and a Superbowl -----> no one has ever witnessed it. Grown men & women crying their eyes out. Its worth the 8 minutes and I am in amongst that crowd at 5:39 -5:45......., that was an awesome hibees bounce at the mound at Leith Links. Memories will live with me til my dying day.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Keep on talking about the Hibs. I love it. As a matter of fact the club I belong to had a group that used the hall on the weekends for Scottish football. They would come over from Windsor to watch.

Comment

• Where are you based, Froot Loops?

You seem to like soccer more than your average board member.

Comment

• Just in Metro Detroit.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Keep on talking about the Hibs. I love it. As a matter of fact the club I belong to had a group that used the hall on the weekends for Scottish football. They would come over from Windsor to watch.
              Really? This is great. What games did you all watch? Was it mainly Celtic & Rangers games? Did you all ever watch dank and boggy League One games like Raith v Stenhousemuir?

Tell you what, watching the likes of Liverpool etc is highly entertaining, but the dull, rainy, dank, boggy games in the lower leagues of Scotland and England can be entertaining in a different way. Love them.

Great stuff though....... really hope you watched some Edinburgh derbies...... the ones that Hibs won! Ha!
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Really? This is great. What games did you all watch? Was it mainly Celtic & Rangers games? Did you all ever watch dank and boggy League One games like Raith v Stenhousemuir?

Tell you what, watching the likes of Liverpool etc is highly entertaining, but the dull, rainy, dank, boggy games in the lower leagues of Scotland and England can be entertaining in a different way. Love them.

Great stuff though....... really hope you watched some Edinburgh derbies...... the ones that Hibs won! Ha!
                Never been to Scotland, but when I was in Germany I watched a couple of times ASV Zirndorf, the seventh level of German Football. Games tended to look more like rugby scrums than football matches. Fun though, watching the locals get all amped up like they were ready to go down there and kick some ass - even the women. Lol, good times.

Comment

• Nah we rented the club out to them, I never got over there myself. I'm not sure what leagues they had but I know we would buy the year long subscription for them and they would repay us over the year. This was about 10 years ago and it was quite pricey, i think at one point it was 1,200 dollars for the year long subscription and they would watch games that were on Sunday . I wish I would have gotten over there back then, I didn't know about Hearts and Hibs.

Comment

• For Bimmer. Martin Boyle, super squirrel.

89A36EFF-3825-432B-A77D-CD93CA6995E4.jpeg

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Never been to Scotland, but when I was in Germany I watched a couple of times ASV Zirndorf, the seventh level of German Football. Games tended to look more like rugby scrums than football matches. Fun though, watching the locals get all amped up like they were ready to go down there and kick some ass - even the women. Lol, good times.
                      Hahaha! Superb. I once went to an Auchinleck TalBot v Cumnock juniors game through near Ayr, Scotland. Thought we were going to be murdered. Can laugh now, but scary times. AND...... those villages are only a mile apart. We only went because we were working through there.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Nah we rented the club out to them, I never got over there myself. I'm not sure what leagues they had but I know we would buy the year long subscription for them and they would repay us over the year. This was about 10 years ago and it was quite pricey, i think at one point it was 1,200 dollars for the year long subscription and they would watch games that were on Sunday . I wish I would have gotten over there back then, I didn't know about Hearts and Hibs.
                        That is VERY pricey for Scottish football

But if Sunday games..... maybe a few Hibs derbies but probably mostly Celtic. They played sundays a lot due to Thursday night UEFA cup games.

Comment

• Liverpool through to the knockout rounds with a 2-0 win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            For Bimmer. Martin Boyle, super squirrel.

89A36EFF-3825-432B-A77D-CD93CA6995E4.jpeg
                            Thanks Marko! Put it in my collection.

Comment

• Great stuff Bimmer. Hopefully Super Squirrel can bang in a few again tomorrow vs Celtic.

That EPL table is looking more like the 1980's now. Another Mo Salah double makes it all look even more inevitable.

Comment

• Norwich getting the draw at The King Power all but seals it. Superb stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X