Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOOO, close. 3-0 CITEH.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• yep, you were close

Comment

• What a fucking Angus by Flamini. Unreal.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaRaySparty View Post
          Yeah that restart was pretty awesome, not a big fan of shrub, but his older bro is my fav and had a chance for the win, glad he finished 3rd. Best call of the day, picking Larson in my money pool for finishing 2nd. The rookie is looking legit after 2 top 5 finishes.

The Rainbow Warrior did have the car to beat (Darryl Waltrip with kneepads on for the last 50 laps, lmao). And then the tires ran out,,,,,.

Tony, what is GWC?
          I was actually on the edge of my seat rooting for Gordon at the end. When Jimmy went flat I was excited, but I had a bad feeling. He got shuffled back to 13 in the restart. Dammit. He seemed to get going about 6 laps after a pit stop, and nobody could catch him. Just got dealt the wrong cards.
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• It got a little ugly there at Trafford. I have a question, whose bright idea was to put "The Chosen One" banner up there for Moyes? If we've learned anything from sports, replacing a legend is extremely difficult. Especially a guy like Fergie, he was an extreme outlier of soccer managers. Calling someone the Chosen One just puts a big bullseye on Moyes.

Comment

• Bobby Charlton was on the radio last night saying..... "The season has been poor, the team have played bad, but there is no doubt in my mind that David Moyes is the right man to take Manchester United forward."

Big words from another legend.

Edit: I reckon "the chosen one" is probably tongue in cheek humour due to the fact that Ferguson had been manager for 2.5 decades.
              Last edited by Marko69; March 26, 2014, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Whatever the reason for a decision it has been a disaster. They have to guard the banner. Liverpool fans unfurled their own banner mocking it last week.

I'm sure both Charlton and Fergie are supporting him, but they were the men behind the decision. That can't really do anything but publicly support Moyes. They have to be the cheerleaders.

Comment

• Liverpool really shouldn't be mocking them though. Granted, its arguably one of the nastiest rivalries in English football, (much much worse than UTD/CITEH)...., but Liverpool, in the EPL grand scheme of things, have been fecking pish for years. But they've jumped all over this due to being in their shadow for a long time.

Comment

• Time running out for
                    David Moyes at United?

Posted by Ian Darke

The sight of Manchester United fans wanting to tear down "The Chosen One" banner on Tuesday was a sure sign that David Moyes may be nearing the end game at Old Trafford.

Moyes signed a contract for six years, but the thought of another five is not an appealing one for many United fans right now.

There were even people screaming abuse at Sir Alex Ferguson for selecting his fellow Scot in the first place.

United's top brass continue to insist there is no threat to the manager's job, and for public consumption they must.

However, it is impossible to believe that the Glazer family, who own the clubs, and influential men like Sir Bobby Charlton and Sir Alex himself are not starting to have reservations. Their faith and patience are being tested.

- Moyes 'facing player revolt'
                    - Keane backs Moyes
                    - Payne: Humiliation now commonplace

Pedestrian displays in 3-0 home defeats to both of their bitterest rivals, Liverpool and Manchester City, have changed the mood from "worried" to "downright alarmed."

The manner of those defeats has left huge question marks over Moyes' selections, tactics and motivational powers with this group of players.

It was also noticeable in television debates that former United icons Paul Scholes and Gary Neville were able to offer little defence for the beleaguered boss.

Has he suddenly become a bad manager? The answer is no, and his track record in getting Everton to consistently punch above their weight for a decade and more bears testimony to his qualities.

But jumping from Goodison to Old Trafford is akin to leaping from the local swimming pool into the Atlantic Ocean, such is the rise in profile and expectations.

The question now is, how much credit does Moyes have left in the bank with those who appointed him?

The thrilling win over Olympiakos that lifted United into the quarterfinals of the Champions League earned the manager a brief respite, and the revival continued with a polished win at West Ham.

PA PhotosHumiliation versus Manchester City was the latest in a season of disappointments for United.
                    But Manchester City trampled all over the shoots of recovery and turned the spotlight onto the yawning chasm between United and the top three teams in the Premier League.

Given that gap in class, many United fans must be dreading what European champions Bayern Munich might do to United's creaking defence.

There is not a shred of doubt that the players themselves have to take a fair slice of the blame for one of the worst title defences ever witnessed.

From afar, there has been a noticeable drop in intensity from the days when Sir Alex Ferguson was demanding a team, who had already won so much, to keep on wanting more. Some of the players look as if that hunger went out the door when he did.

The surgery to the squad this summer must be drastic, but how do United attract the world's best players with no Champions League football to offer? They can only qualify by winning this year's competition, and you need a vivid imagination to see that.

Nemanja Vidic is off to Inter, and it looks like the end of the road for Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra and several more who will surely be offloaded in the summer.

Against the best teams, the current United look ponderous in midfield, short of ideas in attack and fragile at the back. Most of the team look either faded versions of their old selves, or not ready for the demands of wearing that red shirt.

Neither of Moyes’ major buys, Marouane Fellaini nor Juan Mata, has been a conspicuous success so far, yet at Everton the same manager made some inspired signings such as Phil Jagielka, Phil Neville, Tim Howard, Leighton Baines and Sylvain Distin.

Moyes’ immediate future at the club will surely depend now on whether the board believes he is the right man to carry out the necessary rebuild. In short, do they trust his judgment enough to hand him the 150 million pounds ($225m) it will probably take?

Also factoring into United's thinking must be: "If not Moyes, who?" It would have to be a man in the very top bracket of management with experience at an elite club, and would such a man be available? It is a small field.

For now, Moyes walks a tightrope and is a man desperately in need of a late-season flourish. You would have to fear for him if Bayern inflict the kind of humiliating defeat that looks entirely possible in what appears to be almost a Champions League mismatch.
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Heard on the radio,...., fans are collecting money to pay for a plane to fly over Old Trafford with a banner flying behind saying "You Chose Wrong". Spoiled glory hunting twats.

Comment

• For the people on here who think Liverpool have a chance of winning the title......., they certainly do when Chelski are getting results like today, 1-0 defeat @ Palace. Unreal.

Comment

• A John Terry own goal, ha!

Comment

• Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke eh?

Comment

• Nope.

Arsene needs to do his job and take care of City and end this March swoon.

Comment

• HT 1-0 Citeh. Wasnt looking good for the Gooners after the Chelski result....., Pelligrini definitely out for those 3pts.

Comment

Working...
                                X