No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man City has played about as bad as they can play in this FA Cup semifinal. Down 3-0 at half to the Reds.

Comment

• ManU was embarrassing today, Liverpool made them look silly.

Massive news in Hamtramck today. DCFC beat the Columbus Crew in the US version of the FA Cup.
      In Detroit City FC's first-ever game against a Major League Soccer team, DCFC defeated the Columbus Crew, 2-1, at Keyworth Stadium.

Comment

• That is a cracking result for DCFC. 👌👏👏👏👏

And yes, Manure were indeed that……. Manure.

Graeme Souness: “Not one of those United players would get in the Liverpool team.”

Roy Keane: “Totally agree. They’re terrible.”
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Can i just add……. The name Hamtramack always takes me to a Home Improvement episode where Tim goes and buys Polish sausage.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Yeah, it's still like that. Pierogis, Sausage. But it is no longer a totally Polish enclave, it's more of a Middle Eastern immigrant city although there is still a lot of Polish people. They have really spruced up that stadium. The football team I worked for played at Keyworth a lot, it was in bad shape. They have restored it well.

Comment

• Liverpool got a win today against Ralph Hampton with mostly backups after the draining FA Cup win on Saturday.

The dream of the quad has made it to the last day of the season, but the Reds need help from the Villains. If Aston Villa can get a draw with Man City, Liverpool takes the league beating Woves at Anfield on Championship Sunday. Not likely, but when the title is decided on the last day it is cool.

Everton needs a result Thursday or Sunday to be safe from relegation. Leeds and Burnley are the other two in danger of the drop. Watford and Norwich are going back down.

Fulham and Bournemouth are coming back up. The last spot will be decided at Wembley in the most expensive soccer game in the world: Huddersfield Town takes on the legendary Forest. Nottingham Forest is looking to get back for the first time in 23 years.

Comment

• As much as I do not want to see Everton go down, I'm getting a bad vibe from this.
                That kid Gelhardt for Leeds, going schoolyard at the death and pulling a point out of nothing?
                Might be the play of the year if Leeds can find a way to avoid relegation.

Comment

• Be good to see Forest back in the big time. Bring back memories of Trevor Francis, back post diving header v Malmo, 1979.

Edit to add clip.

Last edited by Marko69; May 18, 2022, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• Big game tomorrow at Goodison. I've had the same bad vibes about them going down and that red card on Sunday did nothing to help that. They were going to win that one.

Comment

• They’ll hammer Palace tomorrow night. Guaranteed. And Lampard “out” if they don’t.

Comment

• Palace is a team they should beat - that is the scary part.
                        They have managed just 1 point against the teams they should beat in the last month.
                        All I know is those Evertonians have been riding a tidal wave of emotions for so long - they will need to go on a bender after this is over - no matter which way it turns out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                          They’ll hammer Palace tomorrow night. Guaranteed. And Lampard “out” if they don’t.
                          If they don't you might hear a rendition of Steely Dan with a twist:

"They got a name for the winners in the world
                          and I want a name when I lose
                          They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
                          call me Everton Blues....."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            They’ll hammer Palace tomorrow night. Guaranteed. And Lampard “out” if they don’t.
                            Half Time, 2-0 Palace. Not much hammering going on @ Goodison tonight. Thought you'd have them well fired up for this one Frankie Boy.

Hashtag:LampardOUT

Comment

• They have clawed one back. Ridiculous no red called by Anthony Taylor.

Comment

• Well that was thrilling. 3-2 Toffees & they’re safe.

hashtag: Lampardgenius

Comment

Working...
                                X