No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over here, people talk about how dreadful Engeerrrrland were first half v USA......., but I thought the USA were great first half; nothing to do with England being poor. Reproduce that first half and there is a glimmer of hope vs The Ned...... just a glimmer though, nothing more.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yeah, the English press had no respect for the US. It's too bad the US has no striker, they would have won that game versus England.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        It's too bad the US has no striker, they would have won that game versus England.
        Agree totally.

African Cup of Nations Champions Senegal pump England in last 16 ---->> BOOK IT

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Panoptes......., you lurking?

Look. ...., A Senegal top.

....., its from China though! Hmmmm.

You think it'll arrive before kick-off?

Pondering Which One GIF by Moncho

Comment

• England will get past Senegal I think but winner likely plays France after that. That is a tough road.

Comment

• France just played their "B" team v Tunisia. 1-0 loss......., but the French scored, and VAR chopped it off 3 minutes later. Something new every day with the VAR.

And the Aussies eh? Very good that they made it into the knockout stages but very embarrassing for us Scots. Five World Cups in a row 74 - 90 plus 98 and no progression out of the group stages.

Favourite fact about the World Cup, (Keeps me happy & thats favorite for Jaadam)......, only home nation at the 1978 World Cup and the only country in that World Cup to beat the Netherlands over 90 minutes. Argentina needed extra time in the final.
              We're still fucking shit though.

Comment

• I think I saw that the Aussies play winner of Argentina/Poland match. Australia vs Poland to make the top 8 is not something I think anyone saw coming if it happens.

Comment

• Messi hatrick tonight

Senegal pump Engerland

Lions get W's for remainder of season.

Just checked the above treble odds on betfair...., stake £1.00........, richer than Elon Musk if it comes in ----->> but...., no chance Messi with the hatrick!!

Comment

• Denmark is the Purdue or Tennessee (Rick Barnes) college basketball equivalent of this World Cup. High expectations and no shows. Embarrassing.

Whatever. Go team USA!
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                      Messi hatrick tonight

Senegal pump Engerland

Lions get W's for remainder of season.

Just checked the above treble odds on betfair...., stake £1.00........, richer than Elon Musk if it comes in ----->> but...., no chance Messi with the hatrick!!
                      I'd take the 2nd two for a buck. Not messi - I don't buy into the Argentina hype train.

Comment

• Bad showing this cup for Concacaf Thunder.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post
                          I don't buy into the Argentina hype train.
                          Tipped them pre-tournament and will stick by them. The Saudi game was the kick up the arse they needed and they’re in gear now. Messi lifts the FIFA World Cup and all is complete……. The greatest player to ever grace the game (arguably as thats only my opinion) ——>> will be a world champion.

Comment

• He kind of looked like shit yesterday.

Comment

• Yep, but even his “shit” is better than most, (a bit like side-chuckin’ Stratford ) …., but main point making is; the World Cup would be a completion to his CV (thats resume for Jaadam) ……, perfect timing for signing off on his glittering career.
                              🙏 for 🇦🇷…….. gotta just love Lionel Messi.

Comment

• Lukaku was on form today!

If Essek is looking in on the forum……. Well done Croatia. 👌👏👏👏

Comment

Working...
                                X