No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done, Moyes and Man Utd. Decent result,......, especially as everyone thought it'd be 3-0 Bayern. The away goal is costly but with players like Schweinsteiger out for the 2nd leg, this tie is still open I think.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
      They look like they escaped from a foosball table
      Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Here is Suh modeling the new USMNT away jersey

I think they look great, both home and away...scottish, on the other hand not that great
        Last edited by essek031; April 2, 2014, 09:01 AM.
        http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Today the USMNT takes on Mexico in Phoenix. This is an improtant "friendly" as they are rounding into World Cup shape. They scheduled this game in Phoenix, no doubt because Klinsman wants to test his team in a hostile situation which this will be. I expect a feckin huge Mexican contigent there. A few things to look for:

1. Does Dempsey look like crap? He's had a rough year.
          2. Does the 18 year old German-American Julian Green make his American debut? He played for the German U18 team last fall but he decided to transfer to the US side.
          3. How does the back 4 look?

Comment

• Ouch! Should get a lengthy ban

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSDvmygU-Bg"]‫?????? ?? ???? ????? ???? ???‬‎ - YouTube[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSDvmygU-Bg#t=96"][/ame]
            AAL Quintez Cephus
            If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Ok, that's a bad one. I take it that's not an approved tackling technique?
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• ManU desperately needs another Roy Keane.

Comment

• The thug was indeed a great player.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eCXA1_h8Dec[/ame]

Just saw this. ^^^^^^^^

Do you see these people as proper soccer fans? Apply the same logic as these worldwide glory hunting people to me. I'd be a Steelers, Patriots or packers fan(ny). Me being a Lions fan is the equivalent of you guys being Crewe Alexandra fans. Not an attack on my beloved Detroit Lions, but just can't stand these so called fans. Fkn idiots.

For the record....., when I was at school, Liverpool were tearing up English football AND Europe......., from memory, no cunt was a Man Utd fan. There will have been no American woman in her front garden (in America) desperate to get to Old Trafford in the 70's/80's.

Again, fkn absolute idiots.

Comment

• Well in the 70's and 80's their were no fans of the EPL in America. Soccer was the fringe of fringe sports. The only games you might see were if the indoor variety. Espn in it's early years would show some EPL games for filler content. But they were far more apt to show Australian Rules Football.

I remember when I went to college, there was a guy who had a poster of Eric Cantona hanging up and that alerted everyone that he was different. That bloke was not a household name in the States.

The NASL had a brief cup of coffee of popularity. But it fizzled out. It wasn't until Caligiuri hit the 'shot heard round the World' did ESPN start covering it in any way.

So those fans are kind of like Yankee fans.

Comment

• Well in the 70's and 80's their were no fans of the EPL in America. Soccer was the fringe of fringe sports. The only games you might see were if the indoor variety. Espn in it's early years would show some EPL games for filler content. But they were far more apt to show Australian Rules Football.
                          I remember watching the NY Cosmos play on ABC Wide world of sports. They had Pele on the team then but it was the 70's
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Well in the 70's and 80's their were no fans of the EPL in America. Soccer was the fringe of fringe sports. The only games you might see were if the indoor variety. Espn in it's early years would show some EPL games for filler content. But they were far more apt to show Australian Rules Football.

I remember when I went to college, there was a guy who had a poster of Eric Cantona hanging up and that alerted everyone that he was different. That bloke was not a household name in the States.

The NASL had a brief cup of coffee of popularity. But it fizzled out. It wasn't until Caligiuri hit the 'shot heard round the World' did ESPN start covering it in any way.

So those fans are kind of like Yankee fans.
                            Had to TonyG(oogle) that......, never heard of it. But great that it qualified the US for a very memorable World Cup tournament. Italia 90 was awesome, (apart from the final, which was incredibly Shyte). Germany V Yugoslavia game? Brilliant.

Comment

• Could an argument be made that Brandi Chastain and Mia Hamm raised the profile of soccer in the US as much at the USMNT? Chastain in particular for the winning shot vs. China in the womens world cup at home in the US?

Comment

• If it took the womens game to raise the popularity, the men's game must've been extensively poor.

Not an attack on women at all, love them to bits, but the soccer is terrible. Definitely a spectator sport for other women, but for the majority of men, definitely not.

Comment

Working...
                                X