• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since 1972!

Comment

• Soccer is gaining ground. I present as exhibit A

froot loops

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I have actually softened on my anti-soccer stance. When I was sitting at home playing the ESPN Streak for Cash game, I picked some soccer games out of boredom and found it tolerable. Having a bit of a rooting interest changes perspective. That is why the Women' Olympic Team was popular. Hell, we watch speed fucking skating every four years and give a shit about it for two weeks. The World Cup gets a little play in the states until the US gets knocked out for the same reason.

I know I'll never have have the same change of heart when it comes to motor "sports", however. Fucking waste of Gasoline
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Hell, we watch speed fucking skating every four years
          What channel does speed fucking on skates appear on???
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• All I know is the Women's soccer team is far, far more enjoyable to watch than the Men's. They actually break down the opposition, throw in good crosses and got a beast in the box that knows how to get on those crosses. That and they get up after a hard challenge, not roll around on the ground looking for a cheap card.

Comment

• The beast in the middle is a beast because she was a basketball player all through high school. You learn to play looking up in basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                All I know is the Women's soccer team is far, far more enjoyable to watch than the Men's. They actually break down the opposition, throw in good crosses and got a beast in the box that knows how to get on those crosses. That and they get up after a hard challenge, not roll around on the ground looking for a cheap card.
                Throw in good crosses? That'd be a foul, mate.
                "FREE KICK, REF, ...., FKN BOOK HER"
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Just thinking......., unless of course she has the same ability as the great Rory Delap, the "throw in" genius.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7-mGH6X3PI&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Rory Delap - A Heartfelt Tribute to the Beautiful Game - YouTube[/ame]
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• A quick catchup on the USMNT and Chmpions league games.

The US blew a lead and had a 2-2 draw, they had a disputed 3rd goal that was called offside. Both Clint and Klinsmann were hot about that call afterwards. Julian Green came on in the second half and acquitted himself well. Michael Bradley was man of the match, outside of goalkeepers the US has not ever had a World Class player, Bradley has got to be the closest they've ever had.

PSG 3 Chelsea 1 - The master tactician Jose Mourinho got it handed to him by Laurent Blanc. Not a manager known for his tactical prowess. Chelsea had the dreaded own goal and let up a disputed 3rd goal in stoppage time. Of course Mourinho was hot about that 3rd goal as it makes next Tuesday's rematch a huge mountain to climb back at Stamford Bridge. In related news there was Hooliganism run amuck. The Chelsea thugs known as the Headhunters got into a pre-arranged fight with the Hooligans of PSG called Kop of Boulogne. Fun times:

Chelsea football hooligans went on the rampage in central Paris before Wednesday's Champions League clash with Paris St Germain.

pANDs

A quick Wrestlemania XXX prediction here as the Road to Wrestlemania is in its final furlong.

Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational - They've been booking AJ Lee badly the last month. They've been teasing a feud with Tamina Snuka. They've been booking Naomi strongly. Because the Womens division is dominated by the AJ less reality show Total Divas all signs point to someone like Naomi. Plus there is the backstage angle where AJ Lee is now engaged to Superstar in Exile CM Punk. Might she be buried by HHH's figurative shovel because CM Punk is gone or do they want to keep her close to get him back? Or is the CM Punk thing is really good work? who knows - Prediction: AJ Lee

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal: For me there are only two names that make sense, Big Show or NXT newcomer Alexander Rusev. Cesaro is on the Pre show and its unclear that he will be in this, if he's in it, he is the automatic favorite. They been pushing Rusev since the Royal Rumble and Big Show due to the name of this inaugural event supposedly perennial WM event. - Prediction: Rusev

6 Man Tag Team Match: The Shield vs Kane and The New Age Outlaws
                    They've been teasing a Shield breakup, but lately the rumors have them staying together as a Summer long feud with the Wyatts. That is the true money feud in the E right now. - Prediction: The Shield

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar - UT is 21-0 in wrestlemanias. It is believed he will job out the streak when he's finished as a wrestler. There are no indications that he is done yet(he's supposedly going to stay for the next couple months). Brock Lesnar doesn't need the win to be put over. But expect this match to be lights out, the show stealer if Trips doesn't do the right thing with Daniel Bryan - Prediction: UT goes 22-0

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt:
                    Bray Wyatt is the most over in the heel category. He's green in the ring but excellent on the mic. He went over clean versus Bryan at the Rumble so its very possible he will win over Super Cena. Not all faces win at WM, Bray is nominally the heel and Cena is the face no matter what the crowd does.
                    Prediction: Bray Wyatt

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan:
                    Winner gets inserted into the Main Event Triple Threat match. What's best for business is Daniel Bryan getting a clean win over Trips. But its always a question if he will job it out. Its unclear if he's willing to show ass like Vince would, is he the Authority figure or still a wrestler. I expect a smoz finish where WM Host Hulk Hogan inserts both of them into the Main Event where there it becomes a Fatal Four Way.
                    Prediction: Daniel Bryan

Triple Threat Match - Randy Orton v. Batista v. ? - Daniel Bryan has to be in this event. You can't have 3 heels facing off. It would be an ugly scene if Bryan isn't in this match. The fans shat on the Royal Rumble because Bryan wasn't in the Rumble. Booing longtime fan favorite Rey Misterio. The WWE clumsily brougt back Batista as a face, but the fans didn't buy it, necessitating a heel turn. Since then Bats has been a great archetype heel with the skinny jeans and the shades. Plus there is the notion that his return including a promised title run for Marvel for the movie Guardians of the Galaxy. Orton has little chance of retaining, that would be a shocker. Bryan is the most over wrestler since SCSA and the Rock. The latest rumor is SCSA might be the special ref for the match as he's going to appear in some capacity.
                    Prediction: Daniel Bryan - 70K fans chanting yes cannot be ignored

Comment

• Hey! Soccer and Nascar are one thing. Wrestlemania belongs in the Aussie football or entertainment threads

Comment

• You can scroll past it, but you shouldn't, it is important.

Comment

• Never understood how Delap got so much pace behind those throw in's. Some of those have the pace of a struck ball.

Comment

• Guy was unbelievable. It's like Stoke City always had "corners" when attacking while he was playing.

Aussie Rules Football is...... In my opinion, theeee best sport on the face of this planet. Wrestle mania can go take a flying fk to itself........, Aussie Rules thread says, "GO AWAY!"

Comment

• as I said:

Manchester United and Real Madrid will play in Michigan this August
                              The only logical explanation is:
                              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Seeing as they're coming anyway perhaps Marko could hide in the wheel well of the plane and come over! You'll need a little oxygen so fill up a balloon or two

Comment

Working...
                                X