No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLS is what I turn on when a stiff drink won't put me to sleep. Out in a couple minutes tops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      Just read that he's the head of Croatian football? I'm guessing that's why he is disliked?

he was asshole way before, now even bigger
      http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• But how did the 1/2 marathon go?!! I was flicking between the Hibs game and the Indy 500, but stuck with the 500 with about 5 mins left of regulation time as the 500 was about to start. At least you have opportunities to beat the JFW I suppose. Your footballing year couldn't get any worse except of course if the EMNT win!
        Ah Essek, Pannini sticker albums, I completed one in my life I think, It was called Super Auto and was all about cars. I also filled a Sun Football stars album which had stamps instead of stickers, both in loft now.
        AAL Quintez Cephus
        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Was excellent Dean, thanks for asking. He done it in 1 hour 51 which he was delighted with. Raised over a grand for McMillan Cancer research as well so all good.

And EMNT? Sorry mate....., not got a fking clue what that shit means. :D
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• e= those buggers to the south of you.

(you begouted badger, you)

MNT = same as USMNT
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• MNT=USMNT=SHITE

Comment

• I think Tony is wrong. EMNT is England men's netball team.
                Last edited by Marko69; May 29, 2014, 05:06 PM.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                  MNT=USMNT=SHITE
                  But that's only because they've left out Landon, dude. How the hell could they leave Landon out???? :D

Comment

• There is a lot of things to say about Donovan's exclusion from the team.

1. Klinsmann doesn't care for Donovan, they don't get along.
                    2. Klinsmann is thinking big picture. Some of the young guys on the squad are there for seasoning. In Julian Green's case it is possible a spot was guaranteed for him to make a switch.
                    3. Donovan is at the end of the line but I expect he would do a better job than some of the other old guys on the squad. Beasley is a disaster waiting to happen on the backline. He did an OK job in CONCACAF but just barely. He's going to get picked on by teams that can deliver unlike in qualifying.

Everyone is saying the right things but I hope this isn't like a Harkes in 98 situation. That whole situation torpedoed that awful World Cup campaign.

Comment

• Senior football figures considering response if investigation into leaked documents leads to recommendation of revote

Personally I feel that only an idiot would say that the Qatari bid was all legitimate.

But even if it was all legal ......, who wants a World Cup in Qatar? Even Brazil is pushing the boundaries of being "not quite acceptable". It's too hot. My English bstd brother in law is in Brazil now (work related & World Cup) and even he's skyped saying "how the hell can they play football in this heat?"

I foresee a "Libya 2034" World Cup with all seater stadiums dotted all over the Sahara Desert.
                      Thank the sweet mother of Jaysus there is a Euro tournament because the World Cup is fast becoming a complete joke. Seib Bladder is indeed full of pish.

Comment

• U.S. better make up their mind what they are going to do defensively, because they had little to no defense vs Turkey. A quality team would have slotted home 3-4 times in the first half alone yesterday. They let the right winger run at will at them, 20 yards separated him and the nearest U.S. defender. Their striker had numerous opportunities that he wasted as well.

They give Germany and Portugal that much free space - they are going to pay dearly. Might need to make sure those scoreboards can register double digits.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6fqPke49jU"]Fan Hits Player In The Head With Paper Plane From The Nose Bleed Section! - YouTube[/ame]
                          AAL Quintez Cephus
                          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• The back four for the US is going to be a sore spot. I didn't see the game but it sounds like the diamond midfield formation is headed to the circular bin.

I'm getting this feeling that this year's World Cup is going to be a big learning experience as Klinsmann is trying to change the US style. The default style for the US has always been hard working, physically fit guys who wait for the counterattack. They've never been one to push the action offensively. Klinsmann wants that to change, as a result the defense is now getting exposed. Group G may be the worst time to try this.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              The back four for the US is going to be a sore spot. I didn't see the game but it sounds like the diamond midfield formation is headed to the circular bin.

I'm getting this feeling that this year's World Cup is going to be a big learning experience as Klinsmann is trying to change the US style. The default style for the US has always been hard working, physically fit guys who wait for the counterattack. They've never been one to push the action offensively. Klinsmann wants that to change, as a result the defense is now getting exposed. Group G may be the worst time to try this.
                              I know you say Klinsmann wants to change that, but if that part in bold is the case, why is there a German in charge in the first place? Maybe an Italian would've suited the USA.

Comment

• Probably because of the reputation of how Klinsmann changed the German national team to a more attacking style. He was hired because they've been trying to hire him for 10 years. I'm not sure how true German he is at this point, he's been living in California for 20 years.

He was the big name they were pining for. Its doubtful they will ever hire a straight out foreigner. There hasn't been one since Bora was the coach 20 years ago. So hiring an Italian is not that likely unless the guy was living in the US. But a German v. Italian argument will not last long simply because they would pick a German based on all of the German/American players. That's one of the subtexts of the USMNT. they will jump at the chance for most Germans with dual citizenship.

Comment

Working...
                                X