No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually watched some of the Croatia game for some unknown reason. It was actually somewhat entertaining.

Comment

• Yes, nice one Essek, everything to play for still. Have you got your Suarez shirt on yet Marko??!! The pessamista in me just knows Suarez will punish England tonight! As long as they go out attacking I won't be too disappointed, much better than the rubbish they played in South Africa. Apparently no European team has beaten a South American team yet, bodes well then.
      AAL Quintez Cephus
      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Not at all, Dean......, they were wanting 75 bucks for the Uruguay shirt, no chance!
        Obviously joking, done that shit in my 20's when I was more of a tosser than I am now! I do get Italy shirts but that's only because we just love Italy. Even when they play Scotland, not that bothered when they hump us.

Sounds like Rooney is going to start, and he's playing through the middle. I thought England weren't that bad the other night, but they could be better tonight. Both need to win so it'll be an all out war. Suarez will be desperate to score. Looking forward to it immensely.

Essek, I bet the party was bouncing in Osijek last night. Great stuff.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
          Actually watched some of the Croatia game for some unknown reason. It was actually somewhat entertaining.
          With Players like Olic, Modric and Mandzukic, they are indeed very entertaining.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Suarez, easy to hate! England's defending was poor, They could really do with a calm, dominant leader st the back. Ah well I'm rooting for Italy to win out now!! Did you spot the Scotsman in with the Uraguains!!
            AAL Quintez Cephus
            If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Spot him? I photographed him and put him on twitter, as did everyone else in the pub! Haha.

Heated discussion between a couple of buddies about Joe Hart. I was in agreement with my mate that Joe Hart is very suspect at times. Even though Suarez's winning goal was hit hard, I reckon Hart should've done better. When you see it from behind Suarez, Hart flaps it big time. But the ball shouldn't have been there for Suarez to hit in the first place.

Italy to win last two games and England to beat Costa Rica? Is it going to happen. I think not because Italy v Uruguay has "draw" written all over it.
              Last edited by Marko69; June 19, 2014, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• There were a few jitters at the back, including Hart, very shaky at the start, almost got done at the near post twice from a corner making the same mistake. Definitely need a cool headed leader to come through if they want to do anything with the young players up front.
                AAL Quintez Cephus

Comment

• Who will be the next John Terry then?

Comment

• This is it here Dean. Scotland fan celebrating the Uruguay winner. Absolute quality.

[ame]http://youtu.be/MVKCMFygY3k[/ame]

Comment

• Thanks for that, made my day Bet he never bought a drink all night!

I was hoping for someone a bit more polished and a whole lot nicer than John Terry!!
                      AAL Quintez Cephus

Comment

• Excellent game between France and Switzerland tonight. Thoroughly entertaining. Fast moving game from start to finish. Been a great World Cup so far.

Comment

• France plays incredible, they could make some trouble for Germany, Brazil and Argentina, but Costa Rica, I just can't belivee it, there is some dude on one Croatian sports forum who lives there and he was laughed out when he said 2 weeks ago that CR will win at least 5 points...just incredible
                          http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Alcoholic, shaky hand, double post.

Comment

• Really liked the look of the Swiss, 2nd half in their game against Ecuador....... But last night. Talk about a mammoth defensive collapse. Can't work out as yet if France really are contenders or if they've just played two teams on "off" days. Switzerland definitely made them look awesome last night.

Bring on wee Lee Oh Nelly Messi. Let's go ARGENTINA. (Only because there is a bet on)

Comment

• I have a student from France at my school this year. He hasn't mentioned his country's team at all. I'm surprised if they're as good as all that.
                                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

Working...
                                X