No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha, that is excellent, Dean. I'm old enough to wear that, and explain it to people!

What is the England design?........ Wouldn't be surprised if it's Gazza v Scotland in 1996...... One of the best goals I've ever seen.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• The England design is Green's howler in 2010. :D

Comment

• Beckhams free kick against Greece is the England one.

I think Marko would prefer Clemences howler to Greens Fraq!
        AAL Quintez Cephus
        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• You know I actually remember the Green incident vividly. Was in my best mate, Big Markos house. There was about five of us all having a drink and watching the game....., but we were talking as well and not really 100% watching it......, then Green done what he did. Everyone stopped talking and stared at the screen in stunned silence, for easily 3 or seconds....... And then obviously, (sorry Dean) laughter erupted in the room.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Michigan Bucks 3 DCFC 0

I believe Malto Marko has connections to the indoor soccer facitlity this game was played at. We have the Detroit Irish Feis there.
            My Uncle who has since passed was instrumental in developing that facility and he also was involved with the Michigan Bucks.

Last edited by Malto Marko; May 20, 2015, 06:31 AM.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Hey Malto, the Michigan Bucks have "The Scicluna Award"! Is Paul Scicluna a relative of yours? Also says a Tino Scicluna won the award in 1999?

Comment

• Paul is my Uncle. Tino is my cousin (not Paul's son).

Eastern Michigan also named their athletic field after my Uncle.

It is called Scicluna Field.

It made for good conversation while my son was working for a private company last year who ran baseball tourneys at the field.

He loved pulling the legs of many telling them it was named after him so they had to follow his rules (which of course, were standard rules at the field).

Comment

• That is awesome! Oh well, I think I'll be a follower of both DCFC & the M.BUCKS. Completely neutral when those two play!

Does your cousin Tino still play? What position does he/did he play?

Comment

• Dominic is the only one that still plays. He and his brothers Mario and Tino founded Waza Football Club. They have a very successful program.

Last November Dominic made news as he traded himself to a Las Vegas team to infuse a bit of electricity into their games (he is a major showboater).

Here is a link to their web page.

Waza FC is a premier soccer club, ran by professional coaches and staff, focused on developing today's youth soccer players!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      Paul is my Uncle. Tino is my cousin (not Paul's son).

Eastern Michigan also named their athletic field after my Uncle.

It is called Scicluna Field.
                      Scicluna? Do you know a Darlene formerly Scicluna?
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Just googled them.......,, He looks a major showboater as well, MM......., the long dreadlocks ......, and that dude must workout! (I noticed not in an assumed Miami Treo way!)
                        Are Mario and Dominic twins?

Comment

• He's even done a Ford commercial? Well done, Dom! He has a new fan in Edinburgh.

He'll let me call him Dom, yes? Don't want my a$$ kicked!

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kOZYqazBlKc[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                            Scicluna? Do you know a Darlene formerly Scicluna?
                            Yes. She was married to my Unlce Manuel.

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            Just googled them.......,, He looks a major showboater as well, MM......., the long dreadlocks ......, and that dude must workout! (I noticed not in an assumed Miami Treo way!)
                            Are Mario and Dominic twins?
                            No Mario and Dominic are not twins. they are about 19 months apart.

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            He's even done a Ford commercial? Well done, Dom! He has a new fan in Edinburgh.

He'll let me call him Dom, yes? Don't want my a$$ kicked!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kOZYqazBlKc
                            He would have no problem with you calling him Dom. That's what many of his buddies call him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Yes. She was married to my Unlce Manuel.
                              Small world, I'm friends on FB with her through a mutual friend, we went to high school together and attend the same church.
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• It is a small world, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X