No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could manage a couple of balloons of CO2 with the amount of wind i Talk......, I'll just speak into the fkers across the pond. Sorted!

Any soccer fans on here going to see Manure and Real in Michigan? Any you guys had a lifelong dream of seeing Manure play?

I heard through the grapevine that Bolton Wanderers may be travelling to the US for a few friendlies. Anyone going to be scrambling for tickets? Anyone had a lifelong dream to see Bolton?
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I'm waiting for Leeds United or Sheffield United to come running through. On my bucket list is hearing the Sheffield crowd mangle Annies Song.

Comment

• LOL @ Sheff Utd song.

Speaking of Sheffield....., my granny thought Sheffield Wednesday was an English Bank Holiday.

Be careful when the Leeds crew stop on by. Very dodgy lot. They visited Easter Road a few years ago and wrecked the place.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• More on the ScarJo flick

Hibes on film!!!

Three autumns ago, on an overcast October afternoon, the Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson drove around the Parkhead area of Glasgow in a white transit van, searching for lonely men.

It was a Saturday, and Celtic Football Club supporters were filing glumly out of the team’s ground following a scoreless draw with the Edinburgh side Hibernian. Johansson’s van pushed slowly through the crowd, which parted in front of the vehicle, and she looked at the men’s faces as they trooped past in twos and threes.

Her own face was partially disguised with a black wig and bright red lipstick. It, too, was being watched, by eight video cameras positioned around her, concealed from view in the vehicle’s dashboard and sunshades.

Each camera led to a monitor in the back of the van, where the filmmaker Jonathan Glazer sat with his first assistant director, his director of photography, his sound recordist, and two digital imaging technicians. In a second vehicle close behind were other crew members, including Johansson’s bodyguard, who was ready to pounce in the event of trouble. (He never had to.)

The crowd began to thin and Johansson pulled the vehicle over to the side of the street, rolled down her window and waved at a man in his late teens, perhaps early 20s. He came over, saw Johnasson, registered her beauty but not her identity, and smiled.

Related Articles

“Can you help me find the M8?” she asked him. “I think I’m lost.” And then: “Do you think I’m attractive?” The young man looked confused, but he kept smiling, which the hidden cameras picked up. This is how Glazer created his new film Under the Skin, and the making of it, like the watching of it, is astonishing.
          This is Glazer’s third film, and arrives after nine agonised, stop-start years. But if any film could justify an almost decade-long gestation period, it’s this one.
          It is loosely based on the science-fiction novel of the same name by Michel Faber, in which an alien called Isserley, disguised as an attractive woman, prowls the Scottish highlands for hitchhikers whom she entices, captures and butchers for their meat. In the film, though, much of the existing plot and background details have been stripped out, and what remains is a kind of abstract film noir, in which a truly lethal femme fatale starts to feel the flicker of a soul catching inside her unfamiliar body.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            LOL @ Sheff Utd song.

Speaking of Sheffield....., my granny thought Sheffield Wednesday was an English Bank Holiday.

Be careful when the Leeds crew stop on by. Very dodgy lot. They visited Easter Road a few years ago and wrecked the place.
            Back in the day my brother-in-law was getting married and the bride wanted a relative to sing Annie's song at their wedding. It was he favorite song and she felt it was a beautiful song for their wedding. Well come rehearsal dinner my other brother-in-law get a bunch of drinks in him and makes up his own words to the song.

You fill up my colon
            like Mexican in the mornin'
            Etc..

The relative was so appalled and/or afraid that everyone would burst out laughing that she skipped over the song at the ceremony. Of course every time any of us hear the song now we all chuckle. I was so excited when I got to share the Sheffield lyrics with my wife.

Comment

• Read the Lions news thread first. Scarlett Johansen was over there too! Great story...., and great seeing the mighty Hibees get a mention.

Funny stuff, FL. I've heard a few different Annies Song mock ups, most are hilarious.

My personal favourite of all time was Hibs mock up of Day Dream believer, and aimed at ex JFW boss, Jim Jeffries.

Cheer up Jimmy Jeffries....
              Oh what can it mean,
              To a
              Fat Jambo bastard and a
              Shyte football team....,

25K Hibees all singing that! Was awesome.

Comment

• everything I know about Sheffield

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyRUdl1-9fk"]The Full Monty - Original Trailer - YouTube[/ame]
                The only logical explanation is:
                I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• What an excellent away win for Osijek last night. 2-1 @ Loco Zagreb. Brilliant stuff, Essek. 6pts from last two games. Huge leap towards safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                    What an excellent away win for Osijek last night. 2-1 @ Loco Zagreb. Brilliant stuff, Essek. 6pts from last two games. Huge leap towards safety.
                    yes it is, but game was incredibly shitty, i am glad we managed to get a W

hopefully next season will be more merciful towards fans than this one
                    http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Originally posted by essek031 View Post
                      yes it is, but game was incredibly shitty, i am glad we managed to get a W

hopefully next season will be more merciful towards fans than this one
                      Move to Edinburgh and get a season ticket for Easter Road, Essek....., more of the bold above!

Man Utd dealt a soccer lesson in Munich. As predicted by everyone and their dugs uncle.

Comment

• Big weekend in the EPL and the FA Cup.

Man City at Liverpool - Both teams are in control of their own destiny. Liverpool is at the top of the table but City has 2 games in hand. Last meeting at Stamford Bridge was a 2-1 City win on Boxing day. Look for an exciting game as these two are scoring at a pace not normally seen. This is the early Sunday game

Everton at Sunderland - Sunderland is in trouble at the bottom of the table and Everton can taste the Champions League after thrashing Arsenal. Everton is the hottest team outside of the Liverpool and the Black Cats are in the worst form of the season.

FA Cup Semifinal at Wembley Wigan vs. Arsenal - Defending FA Cup Champion Wigan takes on Arsenal. Arsenal should take this one.

FA Cup Semifinal at Wembley Sheffield United vs. Hull City

pANDs

#thankyoutaker

A crazy week for the WWE. The Ultimate Warrior and the WWE finally bury the hatchet he gets inducted into the HOF, appears at Wrestlemania and then at Raw. He then dies the next day. It makes his promo at Raw eerie.

Takers match will be dissected for years like the Montreal Screwjob. The fans in the Superdome were shocked. It appears that he was concussed during the match and Lesnar had to call the match. The ref apparently was told Taker was supposed to win. It was a clunky match. but he went out on his back as tradition holds
                        Last edited by froot loops; April 12, 2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• I fancy Nigels United to take Hull (Tigers) City. Could be the coupon burster of the weekend.

Those Hull folk are in a right state about their name at the moment. What I don't understand is......, why? Up until maybe 10 - 15 years ago, they were absolutely feck all. Bottom tier of English football and shyte......, and the only thing people in Hull supported was Rugby League. Now everyone and their fkn dug in Hull is a soccer fan.

Fk off Hull......, Mon the Grimsby.

Comment

• Saw the Bayern Munich result today and thought, well, 17 points clear in the league, champions league semi finals, they will have played a weakened side. So had to check....., not so. Full strength Munich side @ home to Dortmund. Gubbed 3-0.

Comment

• Everton kept the Champions League dream alive. Sunderland had an a bad own goal to gift the 1-0 game to Everton. Sunderland needs a minor miracle.to.prevent relegation.

Woman's dream to repeat the FA Cup Championship fell in penalty kicks. Arsenal can consider themselves lucky to advance to the final.

NASCAR at the Lady in Black

Tires weren't an issue at Darlington. Harvick becomes the second repeat winner

Comment

• Good race. He was the class of the field
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X