Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    Scotty who's just bought himself a wee sports car. Beautiful little MG. I told him when he was 15 years old...., "Don't be getting girls pregnant, get a sports car!" ....., and that's what he's gone and done! Well done, Dotman.

'MON THE CABBAGE.
    Good man. you have raised him well. MG Midget? MGB?

And did your game turn out like you expected?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
      Fourteen minutes in, the Brazilian defender received a pass in his own box. Instead of clearing it, he played a soft pass back toward his goalkeeper, thinking he had all the time in the world. He did not, and a Rayo player picked off the ball and passed it by the Betis keeper to take the lead......
      This has happened all too frequently in todays game. It's almost an epidemic. The Gerrard gaff that opened the door for Chelski last weekend was very similar, a lateral pass into the center of your own defense that is just begging for trouble to come calling. When in the hell did they start teaching this kind of stuff?

Comment

• Double edged sword really. Passing your way out of defence 9/10 works no problem at all. But sometimes it doesn't. But then you have the "hoofball" out of defence..... Which receives much more criticism; the is basically making it a 50/50 to lose possession. Really fucking irritates me.
        And I do feel sorry for Stevie G, but Liverpool have themselves to blame. The amount of water added to that pitch before the game and at HT was stupid. Maybe hoping to have this kind of thing happen to the Chelski defenders.

And Bimmer, the Hibs were defeated yet again by the Cuntoids from West Edinburgh. 70/30 Possession for the cabbage, but sadly feck all from it. Couple that up with the referee being on some kind of illegal substance, and it sums up the day. Can't tell you how much I cannot stand Heart of Midlothian FC. If you guys hate the Bears or Packers as much as my loathing for them, then I fully understand that feeling.

@ essek
        Hi mate. I'm not understanding the league table. Osijek and Slaven- have equal points on 29, but osijeks GD is worse, yet they sit in 8th while SK are in 9th? Or is this a mistake on the site im using?
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Well for now it's mistake on the site, Slaven is ahead of Osijek cuz their GD is better, but if they finish with same amount of points, GD is not the most important tiebreaker it's head to head (best won-tie-lost precentage between two clubs )
          http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

And Bimmer, the Hibs were defeated yet again by the Cuntoids from West Edinburgh. 70/30 Possession for the cabbage, but sadly feck all from it. Couple that up with the referee being on some kind of illegal substance, and it sums up the day. Can't tell you how much I cannot stand Heart of Midlothian FC. If you guys hate the Bears or Packers as much as my loathing for them, then I fully understand that feeling.
            Sorry to hear that Marko. I just looked up the overall mark between the Hibs and Heart's. It doesn't paint a happy story. You're a natural for the Lions.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
              Sorry to hear that Marko. I just looked up the overall mark between the Hibs and Heart's. It doesn't paint a happy story. You're a natural for the Lions.
              That makes me feel sooooooo much better, Bim!
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by essek031 View Post
                Well for now it's mistake on the site, Slaven is ahead of Osijek cuz their GD is better, but if they finish with same amount of points, GD is not the most important tiebreaker it's head to head (best won-tie-lost precentage between two clubs )
                That is a much better way of deciding the 9th spot.

Comment

• Chelsea supporters were heard singing, "The wheels on the bus go round and round...." in the pubs after the game. If Man City ends up with the title, this loss will be the legendary kind.

Comment

• Best song to hear at Stamford Bridge is always from any away teams supporters, and singing to the Chelski supporters......, . You'll always hear.....,
                    "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU WERE SHIT?
                    WHEEEEEERE WERE YOOOOOUUUUU WHEN YOU WERE SHIT!?!"
                    I actually remember the days, pre Imbramovich, when Chelski struggled to get over 7K of a support.

You think it'll be the legendary kind? I mean I know it was always in Liverpools hands, but it was never going to be easy. It'll be nothing compared to the Jambofuckwits losing the Scottish Crown & the Scottish Cup within a week of each other, (1986, GREAT year!)

Well, legendary in Scotland I suppose.

Edit....., in 86, those JFW were sponsored by MITA Copiers. The joke amongst Hibees was,
                    "Yeah, they "MITA" won the league, and they "MITA" won the cup....., but they didn't!"
                    Last edited by Marko69; April 29, 2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• My son sent me this along with this message; "Dad, Can't believe this was seven years ago!" My eyes moistened watching that. What a great day. The celebrations back at Easter Road were awesome as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKpJarMYxE8&sns=em"]THE HIBERNIAN MASSED CHOIR - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Looks amazing, hope i'll live to see something like that in osijek
                        http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Those days are few and far between for the Hibs, Essek,....., so when they do happen, they are awesome.

Septem....., if you are lurking in the shadows and reading the occasional posts, very best of luck to Benfica tonight. They take a slender 2-1 lead to Juventus and it ain't going to be easy to make that UEFA Cup Final.... But all the very best. It's on tv here, I'll be tuned in.
                          Last edited by Marko69; May 1, 2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• 20 years ago today the greatest racer of a generation died.

Corinthians don Senna helmets in tribute

ESPN Staff
                            May 1, 2014
                            Corinthians paid respect to their most famous fan ? Corinthians
                            Enlarge

Brazilian football club Corinthians paid a unique tribute to the late Ayrton Senna on Wednesday night, donning replicas of his iconic helmet before a cup game.
                            Thursday marks 20 years since Senna, who was a lifelong Corinthians fan, was killed at the San Marino Grand Prix, an event which shocked his native Brazil. Three million people lined the streets of Sao Paulo, where Corinthians are based, for his state funeral five days after his death, making the tribute even more fitting.
                            Perhaps inspired by the memory of one of Brazil's favourite sons, Corinthians went on to beat Nacional 3-0 in the Copa do Brasil at the Arena Amazonia. A video of the gesture, courtesy of Copa Brazil TV, can be seen below:

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/s...y19K74TZimB.99
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That explains why my mother made me wear a helmet to play soccer. Still don't understand the harness and leash though.
                              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• 20 years?? Time certainly flies by.

Comment

Working...
                                X