No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Congratulations to Osijek today. 1-1 draw at home, but with Slaven defeated 2-0 means Osijek stay up. Hope its party time Essek!
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      Huge Congratulations to Osijek today. 1-1 draw at home, but with Slaven defeated 2-0 means Osijek stay up. Hope its party time Essek!
      Oh, man what a game down 1-0 until 83rd minute, and then probably one of the worst strikers in last 10 years scores 20 seconds after he entered the game, when game finished we invaded the pitch, one of the most beautiful nights in my life
      http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Originally posted by essek031 View Post
        Oh, man what a game down 1-0 until 83rd minute, and then probably one of the worst strikers in last 10 years scores 20 seconds after he entered the game, when game finished we invaded the pitch, one of the most beautiful nights in my life
        ^^^ Absolutely superb ^^^ What a celebration that must've been. Hopefully the team push on from this and have a better season next season. Those memories will be there forever. And great that the worst striker scored the important goal. I remember when a real piss poor Hibs signing , Dave Beaumont scored against Anderlecht in the Uefa Cup many moons ago. Great bounce and even better memories.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Only thing I don't like about Arsenal is their persistent flopping to try to get a penalty. Seriously, it's an FA CUP FINAL!!!!!

Hull was done for when Bruce had to leave the pitch, he was having a monster game orchestrating their back line.

Comment

• Hope you ain't speaking about the two Carzola incidents. Stonewall penalties in mine (and everyone else's) opinion. The ref was a fkn bawbag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              Hope you ain't speaking about the two Carzola incidents. Stonewall penalties in mine (and everyone else's) opinion. The ref was a fkn bawbag.
              One of them was a penalty, but I'm of the opinion that in an FA Cup Final you pretty much have to break a guys leg or decapitate him to get a penalty. Otherwise we get exactly what we don't want, the refs dictating the Final.

Carzolla's problem is the same as Suarez, do that enough you make the ref lose interest.

It was a good Final, Hull put up far more of a fight than I expected them to. If Gibbs hadn't have been on that post and Hull goes up 3-0, I think they'd have been able to see that out.

Added: Ref had no problems awarding those flops for free kicks in the middle of the park, and he was littered with them - and the vast majority were from the guys in red.
              Last edited by Fraquar; May 18, 2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Quotes:
                Carzolla's problem is the same as Suarez, do that enough you make the ref lose interest.

It was a good Final, Hull put up far more of a fight than I expected them to. If Gibbs hadn't have been on that post and Hull goes up 3-0, I think they'd have been able to see that out.
                End quotes:

Agreed with both quotes. Although there were two clear penalty shouts for Carzola.

The other two quotes. Hmm, not so much in agreement. SFA referee, Craig Thomson has awarded some very dubious penalties in cup finals. He's also awarded some unbelievable freekicks just outside the box. What that man sees, (and sometimes doesn't see) is quite astonishing. The ref in yesterday's English FA cup final is renowned for being slightly controversial.
                And the gunners doing more of the diving? (I presume you mean that by saying flopping) ....., can't agree with that. Hull are a very physical side but there are some players like Huddlestone who are all arms. Arsenal, (or any other team) are going to be looking for these fouls when they are being man handled in such a way. Apart from Carzola, I can't think of any other gunner who is renowned for going down easy. You need to look at current English champions Man City or Chelski to see a team of "flopping" fuckers.

Comment

• I've seen at least a dozen of Probert's matches this season, and the guy established early on he was going to let the guys play. He tightened his shot group in the center of the park near halftime - but he wasn't going to just give Arsenal a lifeline back into the match with a penalty.

I respect that level of officiating. Yes, they horribly blew the no-call on Sanogo kicking the ball past the endline that led to the Arsenal corner-kick equalizer. Still, that was Hull's fault they didn't defend it - not Probert giving a penalty kick like Arsenal was begging for time and time again.

There are two things I never want to see in a Cup Final - unless it is 100% warranted:
                  a) Penalty kick in regulation
                  b) A team getting a player sent off

You basically have to do a Zidane in a Cup Final to warrant either of those, otherwise the referee is changing the course of the game with his whistle - and nobody wants to see that.

Comment

• Where were all these penalties that Arsenal were begging for time and time again? There were 2 clear pens on Carzola, and 1 other clear penalty claim (can't remember the player) and a couple of hopefuls, but it wasn't like how you are making it sound. It wasn't Suarez out there!

But your other comment, "he wasn't going to just give arsenal a lifeline"...... That's the problem with modern soccer. Some of these bastards know what they are up to and make these wrong decisions on purpose. It can sometimes border scandalous.

Comment

• Again, when a referee allows a penalty that is going to alter the course of the game in a grand final - it better be of the variety that leaves absolutely 100% ZERO doubt.

I have ZERO doubt that had that been a league match, he whistles and points to the spot.

This isn't a league match - it's the biggest event of the English Football season.

I'll add this, I cannot stand it when a Cup Final (especially a World Cup or a Champions League Cup) is decided by penalties - do like they did way back when and have a replay.

Comment

• Come off it, mate. You trying to say that there are no 100% fouls or hand balls in the box in a cup final? That's insane. Who cares if it's the "biggest game of the season". The rules are the rules. In 2012, Craig Thomson awarded a penalty to the JamboFuckWits in the cup final. The actual incident happened on the bye line, just OUTSIDE the box. And then five minutes later, JFW Paterson clearly handled the ball in the box, 35K Hibees shout for handball, but he doesn't see it, and he was the only cnt in the ground that didn't see it, "apparently".

I do agree that the game is riddled with diving, cheating bstds, (mostly from the Latin countries) and the refs jobs are extremely difficult and should be respected, ......., but saying that, a very high percentage of modern day refs DO dictate a very large part of the game today.

For me, the best referee around at the moment is English ref, Howard Webb. Three complete doughballs are Scotland's Craig Thomson, England's Mike Dean and England's Andy D'Urso, renamed Andy D'arsehole in many areas.

Comment

• The ref said nothing about the Hand of God.

Comment

• Funny you should mention the Hand of God. Check out Stevie May in the Scottish cup final last Saturday. 1:55 in. He certainly had doughbawheid Thomson fooled , but not the goal line official.

[ame]http://youtu.be/Nseo86l4GLY[/ame]
                            Last edited by Marko69; May 19, 2014, 08:53 AM. Reason: iPhone changed doughbawheid to double bedroom.

Comment

• Relegation playoff part one done...... 2-0 the Hibs. Bring on part two.

GO ON YOU CABBAGE!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99lR07VXqCc&sns=em"]Lets All Do The HibeesBounce - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I just woke up and checked the score, congrats 2:0 at away game, you are probably done, i know how you feel.

GO ON YOU CABBAGE!
                                http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

Working...
                                X