Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooligan.
    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Was actually being a bit too "daredevil" there..... Id double bag it.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Someone wake Ghana up.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Fuck, that was a quick goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            http://mircea21dominte.files.wordpre...aster-road.jpg

Ok, Bimmer. Look at this photo. At the very very bottom left....., those tenements are just behind the ones you see near Bothwell street on other Easter road picture.
            If you look mid picture left, and the road with the red car parked..... That's Albion Road which leads to Easter Road. That is the main road fans walk along to reach the stadium from Leith.
            If you look at the top of picture and the green gates at the roadside....., that's where we enter as our season tickets are for that East Stand.

Edit: That particular East Stand was demolished a few years back though, and this is the new one. Those green gates are still there though, just slightly further along the road nearer those flats. You can see this through the gap in the stands.
            http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium...ster_road1.jpg
            Thanks for the explanation Marko. You mentioned walking to the stadium. I don't see any parking, so I guess most everyone arrives on foot. It looks like a great venue.

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            This is where soccer should become like a USA sport. Go to a man in the booth and see that Muller is a cheating , diving German tit, and HE should be sent off for acting up. Pepe hardly touched him. Pepe shouldn't have gone near him after the incident, but the only reason he did was because he hardly touched him. And now it's 3-0! Farcical.
            My son and I wondered the same thing after seeing an obvious acting job. Run the replay and let the refs decide. Clean up the nonsense. You think these guys were run over by a truck with how they react.

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• No parking at all really around the stadium area. I park further east on Hawkhill Crescent and it's a 10 minute walk. Away supporters park their buses on London Road, 5 minute walk for them, but it's a scenic walk. One of the cons of having a stadium bang in the city; no parking, but we love it.

Conversation between Dixon, Viera and Chiles on TV, basically arguing the point about Muller. Dixon made a point about the USA saying we are trying our best to reach out to the public in the United States and trying to get more viewers, but a large percentage of Americans have that very view; the game is full if diving, whining, wankers, and that's actually, basically, true. It needs firmly stamped out of the game. Viera said, "For as long as it's allowed in the game, players will do it"......, said in a very matter of fact manner which highly irritated Dixon, and me!!

Great result for USA last night. Loved Brookes reaction to his goal..... He looked genuinely emotional which is always good.

Comment

• Marko - I live in the US and I know the sentiment about flopping. But I don't think that is flop you argue about. The was a football like stiff arm to the face. If he accentuated the contact to draw attention to the foul, thats not the type of flopping people are complaining about. Its when a guy gets barely touched and he goes down like he got shot by a cannon.

Comment

• FL, with all due respect buddy, you need to watch the Muller incident slowed down. There is barely contact. If you want to see strong, arm in face challenges, that go unpunished, watch the Scottish leagues. Tough motherfuckers who do everything bar stub cigarettes out in opponents faces. Muller is a fucking pussy of the grandest order, he always has been. After seeing the red card, pepe should've kicked him in the nutsack and gave him something to roll about for.

Edit: apologies if that ^^ all sounds too harsh, but it really gets my goat when players do what Muller done. Old school soccer is what's needed but that's long gone.
                    Last edited by Marko69; June 17, 2014, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• That's the first time in this World Cup that I've had to mute the volume. Can't listen to that cock, Martin Keown any longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        That's the first time in this World Cup that I've had to mute the volume. Can't listen to that cock, Martin Keown any longer.
                        Ha, but he at least he understood the goal line replay the other night, something Johnathon Pearce failed to, "No Goal, No Goal"

With regards to diving and the feigning of of injuries, they are pretty much the reason I lost interest in watching it over the years.
                        AAL Quintez Cephus
                        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Was on my own watching it, and the final straw was when a keeper went down slow to collect a ball. Other guy said, "went down slow there"..... Keown said "Yeah, it's like he went down in installments".
                          I vocally said in the empty room, "Feck off, Keown."
                          I love it when the commentators are funny and make jokes etc, but Keown is shit at it.

Comment

• Just think of all the going diown jokes he could have used too !!!
                            AAL Quintez Cephus
                            If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Excellent win for Croatia, Essek. A win against Mexico to qualify. Huge game.

Comment

• Yes it is, to be honest Cameroon is not that good, and they had a player sent off but all in all it was a great night in Croatia, Mandzukic is great forward, if he played v. Brasil, scoreboard would say different
                                http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

Working...
                                X