X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    Bimmer......., best day of my life.

"Surely not. What about your kids being born?"

That was messy and I passed out every time.

Hibernian: Scottish Cup Winners 2016!! Still can't quite believe it.

Was funny yesterday, said to Declan who works at the merchants, "Euros starting soon, you think England will do well?"
    Him: "I don't give a fuck, we won the Scottish Cup!"

Definitely the most talked about Scottish Cup for years & years. The route there was also sweet. To be 2-0 down at Shit Castle with 10 minutes to play, draw 2-2, then take them back to Easter Road and pump them there......, it's just sooooooo sweet. ( <---- a correct "so")
    Do many women attend the games? That song sounded like a vast majority in attendance were men. Great song btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
      Do many women attend the games? That song sounded like a vast majority in attendance were men. Great song btw.
      Of course! Who do you think stands in line to bring the meat pies and beer? You just caught the song during an intermission of play.;)
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Men in skirts? Women grabbing their meat pies? I'm sooo confused. At least I now know how to "so".

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
          Well, Scottish women tend to also have full facial hair and Adam's Apples, so it can be hard to tell the difference.

An easy way is if a Scottish person is wearing a skirt, it's a man. Otherwise, it's probably a woman.

Comment

• My son and I always get a laugh when they show the crowds for the EPL games, it is a rare crowd shot when you can spot more than three women.

Comment

• Very much outnumbered, Bimmer but there are plenty there. As Chemiclord alludes to, you may need to look twice and maybe have a guess occasionally. My auntie Julie was apparently at the game. But I refuse to believe she's my auntie. She's my fking uncle for sure.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• USA lost to Columbia 2-0 last night in the opening of Copa America.

Not too surprising, as Columbia is an elite team, but I wonder how far this team will go when the best players on it come from MLS. We need more youth players like Pulisic to get signed and play for the top European leagues.
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• U.S. Men's team pretty much needs all the skill positions on the pitch.

Real wingers
                  a real #10
                  Fullbacks who can punish teams on the overlap
                  A striker who can create for himself from time to time
                  A deep lying playmaker who can spring a serious counterattack

They got the headless chicken part down cold, so does Mexico.

Comment

• It's weird with the explosion of soccer over the last two decades, you'd think the talent level would improve a little. Instead the team has been reliant on basically two sets of players. They had the golden generation of 97 and the older players now. The US Soccer development program started in 97 and that was their best class.

Comment

• Just saw the first half, had to work last night. U.S. asked 0 questions Columbia had to answer, Jones I have no idea why he's even out there. Cameron (CB) was their best player.

U.S. had a lot of possession, and most of it was passing the ball from defender to defender, and from midfield back to defense.

Unfortunately, with the U.S. conceding such a cheap goal so early Columbia really doesn't have to do anything, just be patient and wait for the U.S. to make a mistake and pounce.

Added: I'll give the U.S. props for one thing, they are making forward runs to try and catch Columbia out. Problem is they don't have anyone with the quality to hit those forward runs in positions they can do anything with. Saw 1 cross the entire half, that's just not going to get it done.
                      Last edited by Fraquar; June 4, 2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        It's weird with the explosion of soccer over the last two decades, you'd think the talent level would improve a little. Instead the team has been reliant on basically two sets of players. They had the golden generation of 97 and the older players now. The US Soccer development program started in 97 and that was their best class.
                        What is really weird is that for the athletically inclined, there is nothing, literally nothing blocking them from hitting the highest levels of U.S. Soccer. That and they have an entire world with leagues they can go to if they tire of the lack of challenge in the U.S - be seen every week and still come back and represent their country.

Comment

• Jones is fucking garbage.

Comment

• Wow, I got a lot of respect for Pekerman but jeeze, he needs to beat it into his players head that the ONLY way the U.S. gets a lifeline back in the game is from Free Kicks. U.S. can't create shit in open play - so don't give them stupid Free Kicks.

Comment

• Early minutes of Pulisic in the game, but the kid seems to know where to go - he's just hamstrung by the guys he's expecting to get him the ball. That and the U.S. doesn't switch the play to the opposite field much.

He's probably too good for the core of this team, which is a good thing......

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                It's weird with the explosion of soccer over the last two decades, you'd think the talent level would improve a little. Instead the team has been reliant on basically two sets of players. They had the golden generation of 97 and the older players now. The US Soccer development program started in 97 and that was their best class.
                                It's because we're only recently starting to see the best athletes in the youth ranks seriously considering soccer as a legitimate option. But it's still a matter of soccer having to resort to picking the scraps while our youth choose baseball, basketball, and/or football.

Comment

Working...
                                X