No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm more fascinated by the idea of a ref taking a look at someone urinating on the field, and having to consult with his fellows about intention, arc and strength of stream, any lingering scent of asparagus, then determining if it's a straight red card or just a yellow.

Comment

• U.S. vs Argentina is a game where the only way the U.S. could have won was for Argentina to get poison in their evening dinner the night prior - and the U.S. still needing like 15 corners.

U.S. has no one, absolutely no one who any credible team needs to fear when it comes to creating something from nothing. Shit, Argentina has 1/2 the team capable of doing that - and a World Class striker sitting on the bench.....

Comment

• If you have problems sleeping, look for a replay of Portugal vs Croatia. Ultimate yawnfest, and the sad part is there are at least 4-5 legitimate World Class players on the pitch.

Added: Seriously, this looks like two teams afraid to lose, knowing that if they win the penalty kicks they have a ticket to the Final.

Comment

• Not sure if the Ref understood what he did sending off the Chilean defender, but he essentially ruined this Copa Final - on a play that didn't warrant it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            I'm more fascinated by the idea of a ref taking a look at someone urinating on the field, and having to consult with his fellows about intention, arc and strength of stream, any lingering scent of asparagus, then determining if it's a straight red card or just a yellow.
            The golden card is appropriate there; making Willy Wonka's golden tickets even creepier.
            Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Can Willy Wonka get creepier?

I do root for England but when they lose it is awesome reading.

Roy Hodgson, Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, the FA – it’s all just a big pile of sh*t.

The mailbag on football365.com might be the best thing on the internet. I can't even decide on the best email.

Comment

• I saw that game. Good on Iceland.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Certainly is good seeing the supposed "minnow" doing well, ie, Iceland, and hopefully they do ok vs France........ BUT......, an England vs France encounter would've been much better to see.

Germany vs Italy on Saturday night is going to be the absolute dogs balls. Can't wait for it, and Mon the Italians.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• And just to say....... Here is a stat that I would assume not many of you will know........ But, in tournament play, (World Cups & Euros) Italy and Germany have met 8 times...... 4 wins for Italy, and 4 draws!! NO WINS for Germany. Quite unbelievable. Keep this in mind if putting a wee bet on.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• It seems like England is in a vicious circle of negativity as far as their national team goes. do they ever punch above their weight in international play?

Iceland seems to be a up and comer because of what they have done in youth development.

Comment

• I agree 100% with ex England & Arsenal striker, Ian Wright. Pure media pressure. They are collectively a very good side full of stars......, but the pressure of expectation put on them prior to every tournament is unbelievable. England football managers visibly age 10 years in 6 months.

Comment

• This Wales- Belgium first half has been one of the more entertaining games of the tournament
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Until Wales loses, I won't be able to make a "UK's Brexit from the Euro is complete" joke.

I can't believe I'm going to root for damned PORTUGAL for the sake of this. Come on!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              UK's Brexit from the Euro is a complete joke.
                              That's all you needed to write.

When it's 2-1 @ HT, Belgiums answer was to bring on Fellaini. When that's their answer, they deserve to go out.

Comment

• That game was entertaining. Hell of a lot more than Poland vs Portugal the day before.

One thing that bothers me is how long it takes the yellow cards to reset. 3 group games, a round of 16 and a quarterfinal game before they reset. That's 5 games, and then after it is only 2 games. Why don't they reset them after the quarterfinal round?
                                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X