Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
    OK, I'm sitting at the pub and there's a soccer game on the TV. It's got to be one of the dumbest things I've seen in sports.
    I just went ahead a removed all the irrelevant parts for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      Bim, you could have saved a post by posting

Hahahaha!
      hahahaha!

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
        I just went ahead a removed all the irrelevant parts for you.
        yeah, but I've said that before, several times
        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Could it possibly be that, on the whole, the USA basically suck at it? If the USA were "world class", you'd maybe take more notice? Maybe I'm well off the mark.

The reason we Europeans probably thrive on it is because it's all we've got that we make a big deal of? You guys make a big deal of EVERYTHING, even college football? (That's not me having a dig at you guys) ......, but you have much more choice. Edinburgh University were playing in the Scottish Cup last week. Lucky if there were 80 people at it. You guys pack in 110,000, for a fucking college/university game?

Yes there is basketball, US football, Ice hockey and baseball here, (Europe) but no one gives a flying fuck.

Seriously though, how you view soccer as a sport in itself, is exactly how Europeans view baseball.

And what about that age old question....., why is it "The World Series" when it's only you cunts playing in the fucking thing???? How do you know there is not some aboriginal baseball team from Alice Springs that could kick top American teams asses! Love to see it. Like Cool Runnings, there is a movie in there.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Bim, you could have saved a post by posting

Hahahaha!
            Hahahahaha!
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              And what about that age old question....., why is it "The World Series" when it's only you cunts playing in the fucking thing???? How do you know there is not some aboriginal baseball team from Alice Springs that could kick top American teams asses! [emoji38] Love to see it. Like Cool Runnings, there is a movie in there.
              We played Japan one year and kicked the crap out of them. No one has asked since.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Aw Excellent, I'm the first to ask, ...... Wee hee!!

Bollocks.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Could it possibly be that, on the whole, the USA basically suck at it? If the USA were "world class", you'd maybe take more notice? Maybe I'm well off the mark.

The reason we Europeans probably thrive on it is because it's all we've got that we make a big deal of? You guys make a big deal of EVERYTHING, even college football? (That's not me having a dig at you guys) ......, but you have much more choice. Edinburgh University were playing in the Scottish Cup last week. Lucky if there were 80 people at it. You guys pack in 110,000, for a fucking college/university game?

Yes there is basketball, US football, Ice hockey and baseball here, (Europe) but no one gives a flying fuck.

Seriously though, how you view soccer as a sport in itself, is exactly how Europeans view baseball.

And what about that age old question....., why is it "The World Series" when it's only you cunts playing in the fucking thing???? How do you know there is not some aboriginal baseball team from Alice Springs that could kick top American teams asses! Love to see it. Like Cool Runnings, there is a movie in there.
                  There's a team in Canada, aka "America's Hat", the Toronto Blue Jays. See, international.
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Baseball is fairly international, just not Europe. Latin America and the Far East is pretty into it.

Comment

• Baseball is fairly international, just not Europe. Latin America and the Far East is pretty into it.

Comment

• 3rd world sport
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• It's just taking "Rounders" WAAAAY too seriously.

And it may be fully international (except Europe) but these other international teams don't play in your "World Series". At the end of the season, a "World Champion" is crowned??

When Hibs win the Championship league this season, I suppose I could get away with calling Hibernian, American champions also? Fk ye'z, I think I will.

Comment

It's just taking "Rounders" WAAAAY too seriously.

And it may be fully international (except Europe) but these other international teams don't play in your "World Series". At the end of the season, a "World Champion" is crowned??

When Hibs win the Championship league this season, I suppose I could get away with calling Hibernian, American champions also? Fk ye'z, I think I will.
                            WHO HOO, we own the world!

Comment

• You better ask Panoptes if you are allowed to say "we".

Comment

• I'm never going to get why people root for sports like they are rooting for sports teams. If you like the sport, you like the sport. No need to denigrate some other sport. It's about as annoying as the evergreen Internet topic, "Is it a sport?"

Comment

Working...
                                X