No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queer? Now is that going "unite" America, asshole? Now that <----- was a slight! The trumpet was a joke.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/GvDe-Bh71ek[/ame]
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• lets all just put fingers in our arses and calm the Fk Doon, Ok Trumpet!

[ame]https://youtu.be/CtwxhibMDPc[/ame]
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Back to what's most important, Trumpet, ........, the queer assed saaaaawk-er.

England v Scotland tomorrow night. Hoping for the draw at Wembley, and then sticking fingers up their arses at Hampden! Fearing two losses though. Just a respectable scoreline please, Mr Strachan.

Comment

• Klinsmann is out as coach of USMNT, it was time.

Comment

• More soccer players report abuses as English FA opens review

Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.

Wembley Stadium, the home of English soccer.

LONDON – English soccer's governing body launched a review Sunday into an escalating child sex-abuse scandal to discover what professional clubs knew about crimes being committed by coaches and what action should have been taken at the time.

No such investigation was launched by The Football Association after Barry Bennell, a coach at the center of the scandal who was linked to Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, was first convicted in the 1990s in both the United States and England for molesting players.

It has taken former victims of Bennell and other coaches to waive their anonymity over the last two weeks to bring a fresh light on abuses they suffered while trying to break into professional soccer. The players' union said more than 20 players had called them with allegations of abuse.

"With the helpline it's a matter whether they wish to come out publicly or remain anonymous," Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor told Sky News television. "This is centering for the moment on clubs Crewe Alexandra, Blackpool, Manchester City, Stoke, Leeds United and then, in the northeast Newcastle United. It would be naive to think there won't be clubs as well in all areas."

Four police forces across England, including in London, have opened investigations after being contacted about Bennell and other unnamed individuals.

"At this time, with acknowledgement that a wide-ranging inquiry may be required in time, we are working closely with the police to support their lead investigations and must ensure we do not do anything to interfere with or jeopardize the criminal process," the FA said.

Lawyer Kate Gallafent, who has experience working on child protection issues in sports, has been brought in by the FA to look into the abuse allegations and "make recommendations in order to seek to ensure these situations can never be repeated."

"The internal review will look into what information the FA was aware of at the relevant times around the issues that have been raised in the press, what clubs were aware of, and what action was or should have been taken," the FA added in a statement.

Claims have also emerged that clubs in England agreed settlements with players who suffered sexual abuse in exchange for confidentiality about the cases.

"I find it incredible if clubs have been paying these lads to be quiet," said Taylor, who has been involved with the PFA since 1972.

The renewed focus on the ordeals suffered by footballers comes amid an official inquiry in Britain into decades of alleged child sexual abuse by powerful figures in society.

The inquiry was set up following the 2011 death of entertainer Jimmy Savile, after which dozens came forward to say he had abused them. Subsequent revelations have implicated entertainers, clergy and senior politicians and the inquiry aims to find out whether British public agencies — including the BBC, churches and political parties — had neglected or covered up allegations of child sex abuse from the 1970s to protect politicians and others in power.

"We, as a country, are now having to deal with the legacy of non-recent sexual abuse and the thousands of allegations that we are now seeing across the country," said chief constable Simon Bailey, lead officer on child protection issues at the National Police Chiefs' Council. "We are receiving reports of abuse in all sorts of different institutions.

"I am not in the least bit surprised that we are now seeing the lid lifted on exploitation within the world of football and I suspect there will be other sporting governing bodies — again in the next few days and weeks — who will come forward and who will identify the fact that they have similar problems."

Comment

• This news broke last week here regarding this guy at Crewe Alexandra/Man City. The 70's was some decade for these sick, dodgy bastards and their sex crimes. I hope ALL the footballers speak out and get these people out of our society.

Comment

• Anyone catch that Swansea /Crystal Palace game? That was absolutely crazy.

Comment

• Certainly was.

And Dortmunds champions league game through the week? 8-4? Unreal.

Comment

• Plane carrying Brazilian soccer team crashes in Colombia, killing at least 75

Published November 29, 2016

Authorities in Colombia said Tuesday that 75 of the 81 passengers aboard a plane carrying a Brazilian soccer team were killed when the aircraft crashed while on its way to the finals of a regional tournament.

Comment

• That's how it was reported here, Panoptes ^

Not that it makes it any less important, but it was "a" Brazilian soccer team. A lot of people tripping over themselves to find out if Neymar and Co had been killed. Like I said, not less important and RIP to all.

Comment

• Bob Bradley sacked, he didn't do enough for that sinking ship. He won't get another chance.

Comment

• They've been worse than shit since he took over. They were embarrassing v West Ham yesterday.

Comment

• Yep he crapped the bed

Comment

• First game in the defence of the trophy........,

That will do nicely!

Comment

Working...
                                X