No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Fraquar about VAR. I didn't even realize they could use it to award penalty kicks. That is stupid, but if they can and you don't use it for that foul in the first half what good is it?

Comment

• Marko - on the replay coverage you watched did they show the foul that stopped that Swedish counterattack in stoppage time? I have never seen a whistle like that and there was nothing on Fox that showed what possible foul that ref saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
        All they needed to do was hold the ball up.
        Easier said than done though v Kroos, Muller, Werner, Hector, Gomez etc etc

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Marko - on the replay coverage you watched did they show the foul that stopped that Swedish counterattack in stoppage time? I have never seen a whistle like that and there was nothing on Fox that showed what possible foul that ref saw.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Easier said than done though v Kroos, Muller, Werner, Hector, Gomez etc etc
            True, but they didn't even try......

Comment

• That is standard fare. The ref essentially "calls out" the guy getting sent packing. If a guy is actually hurt, they'll deal with that then once he's carted off they'll toss the offender to make sure the player and everyone knows he is sent packing.

Comment

• They didn't mention offsides on fox, there was one defender back. They said it was a foul, but they showed no replays of it, it seemed like it was a little later than 91 minutes but that may be it.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

That is standard fare. The ref essentially "calls out" the guy getting sent packing. If a guy is actually hurt, they'll deal with that then once he's carted off they'll toss the offender to make sure the player and everyone knows he is sent packing.

Comment

• I knew Germany was going to score when Sweden let them mount attack after attack and get corners and set pieces down a man. That kind of shit happens when teams are level, and we've already seen needless clearances for corners and needless fouls for free kicks at the death get converted. The great equalizer to being down a man is a free kick chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        They didn't mention offsides on fox, there was one defender back. They said it was a foul, but they showed no replays of it, it seemed like it was a little later than 91 minutes but that may be it.

Comment

• England v Panama tomorrow?

4-0 England anyone?

Comment

• I remember the play and I remember the reason they gave probably would be confusing to people. Essentially, Sweden committed a foul, Germany was allowed to continue and immediately after Sweden got the ball on the counter. It was bang-bang, and the kind of play that most refs would stop as Germany never really was able to establish clear advantage.

Comment

• Ah right, I remember that now.

The time agsinst advantage is always a grey area. Craig arsehole Thomson (Scottish ref) brings play back 30 seconds later!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                England v Panama tomorrow?

4-0 England anyone?
                                England struggles to score in open play - period. Only way it gets that high is if Panama just gives up a ton of corners or free kicks.
                                Maybe 3, but I'll say 2-1 England.

Comment

Working...
                                X