No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we are going to discuss who the pussies are........., think the soccer & the US football guys are the feckin pussies compared to the Aussies. Would love to see the NFL try this shit without their protective clothing.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Rugby is the bomb!
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Aussie Rules Football, Malto. Not Rugby. Even the rugby guys would struggle in the AFL. Toughest sport on this planet.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• We used to get the Aussie rules football games on ESPN before they became EBSPN and a child of Disney.

I used to get up early on Sunday mornings to watch the games.

I agree with your assessment of Aussie rules football.

Comment

• This thread can be about golf now too... mostly because this isn't worth starting a new thread over.

But where the hell did Tiger find some PEDs that worked so quickly but don't show up in testing? Where the hell did he come from this weekend?

Comment

• He's been grinding all weekend, making pars and just taking the birdies where they may be. This is the perfect course for Tiger at this stage of his career. He's not dominating, just letting everyone else make mistakes.
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• And of course, now Tiger doubles and singles on back to back holes to drop 3 shots
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  This thread can be about golf now too... mostly because this isn't worth starting a new thread over.

But where the hell did Tiger find some PEDs that worked so quickly but don't show up in testing? Where the hell did he come from this weekend?
                  Bugger off with that golf talk!
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

Bugger off with that golf talk!
                    You got a problem with a bunch of guys that stand around shouting "GET IN THE HOLE" every time someone hits a ball within 250 yards of the hole?

Comment

• Boring game played walking around in the hot sun.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by FVD View Post
                        He's been grinding all weekend, making pars and just taking the birdies where they may be. This is the perfect course for Tiger at this stage of his career. He's not dominating, just letting everyone else make mistakes.
                        And yet the reality is the only thing that took him out of contention was his own series of mistakes on 1 hole. For one hole he embodied the weekend hacker in all of us. Bad drive, bad approach, try to hit the perfect flop shot - double bogey.

Also, how he played Carnoustie is exactly how you are supposed to play it, lets be honest though - we may never again see that course this tame.
                        Last edited by Fraquar; July 22, 2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                          Boring game played walking around in the hot sun.
                          Golf definitely big in Scotland......., the hot sun? Not so much.

Comment

• I'm not sure Australian rules is tougher physically than American football. TV doesn't do justice how brutal the hitting is on the lines.

Comment

• Regarding Tiger, he's going to have some tournaments where he can win. But he's in that stage where it is a rarity, it's kind of like when Jack Nicklaus or Tom Watson would contend. My friends old man would get all excited when Jack was in the hunt at a major. We would laugh because we knew of the history but I started watching golf right after Jack was dominant. We'd laugh but he did win the Masters in 86. Tiger can probably do something similar.

With golf and tennis it used to be that the dominant players would be dominant for a nice stretch and then in an instant they stopped winning the major titles with no warning signs. It's kind of what happened to Tiger in an extreme way.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Working...
                                X