No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha, very true. That would've been typical Liverpool. Well, typical "last 20 years" Liverpool.

Aside from that......., do you think Man City can win the title with the one point cushion they have at this moment in time? I am thinking they probably will.

Did you catch the West Ham v Huddersfield highlights? 6 minutes to play and Hudders miss a sitter to go 4-2 up ......, instead, the "ammers score twice in the last 5 minutes to win 4-3! Great stuff.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Man City is the favorite but they have had some weird losses during their torrid stretch after the holidays, so Liverpool has to hop they have one more. Liverpool probably can't afford to drop more than two points, that would leave them with 95 points and one loss. They would need Man City to drop 4 points.

I saw the highlights of the Hammers, I like what Pellegrini has done with the Hammers, it looked dire for them at the beginning of the season.

Comment

• Holy shit what a game! Klopp went all in to try and score the winner and it paid off with a Spurs own goal.

Comment

• Managed to catch the second half of this today and since witnessed first half highlights. I think Spurs need to practice some shooting this week. Couldn't believe how woeful they were in front of goal. Half of their shots were 30 feet over the bar. Quite a funny own goal though. Tapped back and then trips over his own keeper.

Great to see the scousers are keeping the title race close though. Still think Aguero and his pigeon shit hairdo will win the title.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• That Salah goal was just amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              That Salah goal was just amazing.
              An absolute peach.

Comment

• I was walking into a restaurant when my son texted me SALAH GOLAZO! I've probably watched the replay of it 20 times. The pass from VVD from world class.

Comment

• And there goes the quad.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• That has to be game of the year. I was listening to the Liverpool game, so I was only hearing and seeing bits of this game. I cut out of work after Sterling scored his 3rd goal and didn't realize it went to VAR. The Saturday league rematch is going to be interesting, both teams have to be spent and both need to win.

Comment

• Certainly the best ending to the EPL for a few years. If City don't screw up, I think it'll be a trophy-less season for Liverpool ------- > drawn Barca CL semi?? That's that trophy oot the windae!!

Comment

• Not advancing to the CL semis certainly helps City in the league. If they had two games against Ajax along with their already compact schedule that probably would have worn them down for the league. Now the shoe is on the other foot because Liverpool has the compact schedule comparatively speaking. That would have been 6 straight weeks with two games for City. Its what makes a thing like the quad so hard.

This has to be the best race wire to wire of all time. I'm not sure anything will beat the 2012 final day, both of these teams should whiz past the point total in 2012. Liverpool has a legit shot to finish with 1 loss all year and still finish 2nd.

Comment

• They could play for the next 100 years and never have that epic a close to the season like they had in 2012. That was just simply nuts how Man City even got a chance to win the title, let alone what they had to do at the death to win it. Give United an 8 point lead that late in the season they take that to a title 99 times out of 100.

Comment

• Yeah you'll never see anything like that that last day. Just epic, the stuff you see in a movie. It probably doesn't happen without the aid of hothead Joey Barton.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Yeah you'll never see anything like that that last day. Just epic, the stuff you see in a movie.........
                                Yep. Even now when I hear Aguero's name, just can't help but hear English commentator Martin Tyler......, "AGUEROOOOOO!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X