No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its amazing he lasted that long with a relatively cheap owner.

Comment

• Son & kane probably kept him there longer if the truth were known.

Interesting to see who they get next. Arsene Wenger?
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Big Sam!

Comment

• I'll be shocked!

Cyprus made the mistake of scoring first in Belgium tonight. That's going to end up 8 or 9-1
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I don't know, Jos? wanted back in and this was a big club that had an opening. I thought Arsenal was a better fit for him, maybe that explains the suddenness of the moves. Generally if you are going to sack some manager, its either immediately after a bad loss or at the beginning of an international break. On a Tuesday at the end of the break? My intuition tells me Levy had to move quickly if he wanted Jos? because of another team.

If Levy had a plan to spend, Poch probably would still be there and they wouldn't be mid-table. They need to spend though, Pochettino had run out of ideas at Spurs because the lineup had gone stale. Players had tuned him out but they are in for a rude awakening with Jos?

Comment

• Doesn't matter, he'll be gone in 2-3 years anyway - and lets be honest here it's going to take that long just to rebuild the team in his image - then he'll be gone.
                Rinse, repeat and he'll be looking for "another big club".

Comment

• That's the dangerous part for Spurs.

Comment

• Most of the fans who were asked by BBC radio are not happy at all.
                    Were Spurs not watching a clueless Mourinho at Old Trafford who thought that Paul Pogba was the key to winning the EPL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                      Most of the fans who were asked by BBC radio are not happy at all.
                      Were Spurs not watching a clueless Mourinho at Old Trafford who thought that Paul Pogba was the key to winning the EPL.
                      Jose doesn't have the Pogba problem at Tottenham, where a player is perceived to be bigger than the coach. Pogba was the legend that got away from ManU, became the prodigal son in returning to ManU, and then Mourinho in his attempt to squash his influence virtually stripped him of any offensive role.

All that said, even most soccer fans in the US know what the Spurs fans already know - that the "chosen one" is gone in a couple of years no matter what happens - and he hasn't even managed his first game for the club.

Comment

• If the commentator Jose shows up he would be OK. But the last two stints for him have been paranoid Jose. The game looks to have passed him by. I will say this, when he says his 2nd place finish in 2018 was his greatest coaching he might be right.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          If the commentator Jose shows up he would be OK. But the last two stints for him have been paranoid Jose. The game looks to have passed him by. I will say this, when he says his 2nd place finish in 2018 was his greatest coaching he might be right.
                          Except that is pretty much unacceptable football at a club like ManU - i.e. bunker mentality from a top club in the world. It's part of the reason he was at odds with Pogba, because he viewed Pogba as a holding midfielder - with little if any license to go forward. We saw first hand in the World Cup why that is pretty stupid thinking - you give guys with skills on the ball license and freedom to create.

Their playing style meant they were never a threat for the title, and were pretty much reliant on the rest of the big hitters to be in off years to secure the 2 spot.

Comment

• It may be unacceptable but the three hires after SAF were all bunker ball. OGS made some early promises about being a free flowing attack minded team, after the initial success they have reverted back. ManU may claim a certain style but it certainly hasn't shown in their hires or acquisitions.

Comment

• Best soccer club on Earth!!

Comment

• That song is hilarious

I haven't given much of an update in awhile, but lots to talk about.

Liverpool - Klopp played a bunch of backups on Wednesday in the Merseyside Derby and demolished Everton. Mind you, some of the backups were responsible for the miracle win against Barca in May. When Shaqiri is in there, the defense probably suffers but the offense goes crazy. Anyways, that cost Marco Silva his job, more on that later. Saturday they dispatched Bournemouth with ease, finally getting a clean sheet. They are in first by a whopping 12 points. But this month is crucial. Not only do they have the packed premiere schedule, they have the Club World Cup, Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup all within the next month. Big game against FC Salzburg in Austria Wednesday, they need a result to assure advancement to the knockout stages.

Man City - they are looking rickety. Last season they were able to cope with the injury to KDB and keep it together before they went on that tremendous winning streak to win the league. They didn't replace the departing Kompany and Laporte got injured, that has screwed everything up. OGS had a great game plan to fluster the Citizens with pace and won the Manchester Derby. They are 14 points behind Liverpool and 2 points behind the Foxes.

Leicester City - The Foxes have truly been been a machine since Colleen Rooney started her tabloid feud with Rebeka Vardy. Every opponent's fans serenade Jamie Vardy with catcalls about it and he scores to rub their faces in it. This dude is amazing, he looked like he was a shell of himself at the World Cup, but ever since they hired the Brodge, he might be the best striker in the world. 8 straight games where he has scored a goal. The Brodge just cashed in with a new contract after the Arsenal rumors surfaced last week. If any team is to catch Liverpool, they look to be it. No European competitions to bog them down, just like their 2016 title winner. But they are on a better pace than that historic team was. They have Liverpool visiting the King Power on Boxing Day.

Man United - OGS seems like he is starting to turn this ship around. 2 weeks ago they were calling for the sack and now he just had a week where he beat Jose and Pep. That will calm the critics for at least a couple weeks.

Everton - they sacked Silva and brought on Duncan Ferguson. He seems like a guy who Marko would like except he played for Dundee and Rangers before going to Everton. I would guess the dude is a bawbag in Marko's eyes. Fun fact about Big Duncan, he served a stint in prison for an on field altercation while he was with Rangers. He head butted a dude. At any rate, he is the caretaker manager, who inspired the woeful, under performing Toffees to beat Chelsea. That must have really cheesed off TheLondonLion. Everton had 37 tackles Saturday, the most in the premier league in a decade. They are out of the drop zone for now(they have too much talent to be there anyway).

Big games this weekend
                                Arsenal v Man City
                                ManU v Everton
                                Wolves v Spurs
                                Liverpool v Watford
                                Leicester v Norwich

Comment

Working...
                                X