No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Thanks for checking in Marko.

Comment

• When NASCAR is doing the social calculus, and reaches the conclusion of, "We should probably distance ourselves from this" you'd think that would inspire some introspection.

On Monday, the only full-time African American driver in NASCAR’s Cup Series called for the auto racing body to ban Confederate flags from its events. Two days later, his dream came true.

Comment

• Posting this one specifically for Marko69
          Oasis star turned platinum selling solo artist Noel has revealed he had a massive addiction to Greggs
          Last edited by froot loops; June 11, 2020, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• And proof racism is no way near as bad in the UK than in America......., Stormzy? Awarded the first ever (what Greggs call) “black card”; free pastries for life! Superb stuff. With a bit of luck the hardening of the arteries will prevent him from singing his own music.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• One of my biggest regrets in life was not stopping in Greggs once when I was in Glasgow. There were quite a few in the City Centre area but I failed to get into one.

Comment

• Let me tell you buddy..... if this is one of your biggest regrets, then you are doing ok in life!
                They really are overrated. And their steak bakes? If you eat one then burp 24 hours later, you’ll taste it. Not a good thing! Their cappuccinos are worth stopping in for.

If you ever visit again, FL...... try Baynes bakeries. Quite a few of them in Edinburgh now. And Glasgow I think. Fantastic bacon rolls, Empire biscuits & coffees. What a breakfast. 👌 No doubt creating Stormzy level artery issues but worth it.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• They're absolute shit. You didn't miss out.

Comment

• I do love those corner markets like Sainsburys and Tesco, there is really no equivalent in most urban cities in America. I would think that what you think as shit in Greggs would blow away most chain pastry shops here in the states. It can't be that bad if Noel Gallagher gives it the thumbs up.

My daughter still raves about the continental breakfast at the Ibis Styles in Glasgow. I have to say it was pretty good, even better at night because the front desk also had beer taps. Never seen that before.

Comment

• He won’t “live forever” if he keeps eating those Greggs sausage rolls, FL.

Did your daughter have warm croissants and jam (jelly) with the breakfast? I like to embarrass the wife by taking 4 or 5 croissants back to the table.
                      “That’s just greed. Put them back!”
                      ”Nope!”

Me and the Mrs went to Paris few years ago by train. Delays caused us not getting to the Ibis in Paris until 3am. Two guys were at the desk. One of them made us cheese and onion toasties and brought them to the room with a couple cold beers.
                      You just wouldn’t get that service in the UK.

Comment

• Yeah, those croissants were good, she really raved about the cheese they served. Still talks about it to this day.

Comment

• For Froot Loops.......

E021CF81-CB58-4F0E-B12D-106A2DF677FD.png

Comment

• The above for the Greggs humour only dude, (for jaadam; humor)....... not sayin you’re fat! 🤦‍♂️

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              I do love those corner markets like Sainsburys and Tesco, there is really no equivalent in most urban cities in America. I would think that what you think as shit in Greggs would blow away most chain pastry shops here in the states. It can't be that bad if Noel Gallagher gives it the thumbs up.

My daughter still raves about the continental breakfast at the Ibis Styles in Glasgow. I have to say it was pretty good, even better at night because the front desk also had beer taps. Never seen that before.
                              The smaller ones?

Now they are pretty handy. Decent selection, although they've torched independent shops to a large extent.

Comment

• Yeah the smaller corner stores. There is really no equivalent in the US.

Comment

Working...
                                X