Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
    Doctors told him stay off the leg and quit trying to be 20 y/o again.
    Probably true, but got to be honest....., when this is healed, I'll be warming up much better and back playing Squash. The "stop trying to be young again" chat is usually uttered by fat cunts who smoke. I ain't either of those SO i'll be back on court trying to kick Scotty's A$$ at Squash in a month or two ....., (I've seen him play....., he'll fkn kill me).

But the point is ---->> NEVER too old. ......, unless you're on a dozen donuts and 20 Marlboro's a day.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• No thanks on the sports that have sudden stops and starts. I'll keep to the running and riding bikes. I always shag balls for my daughter to practice her basketball shots, every once in awhile I get the bright idea to play her one on one. That lasts about 5 minutes.

Comment

• Just both boring as fk though. Running? Jaysus H, I'd prefer donuts & smokes. And cycling? Bought a bike and used it maybe 10 times........, just mindnumbing boring. And a sore nutsac on completion.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• It's not for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            As you get older, warming up for any activity becomes paramount. When you are a kid, you think its a waste of time.
            Yeah I never warm up working out but recently my neck and back are stiff as fuck.

Comment

• I don't really warm up just working out, but if I'm going to play a sport I definitely try to.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

Yeah I never warm up working out but recently my neck and back are stiff as fuck.
                My wife and I are down in Hocking Hills Ohio to do some hiking because the brochure sure looked nice. We did one hike today and about a mile in we had to make a choice to go on to the old man in the cave trail. Holy smokes was this thing tough. Clambering over rocks and roots up and down a total nightmare. We met some people coming the other way and asked if it was this bad the whole time and they said no it was pretty easy from that point on. Baloney! We got the crap kicked out of us for three miles. At the end we still had to go back to where we started. Fortunately the folks at the visitor center sent us a different path home that was easier but still killed us because we were so demolished. I'm going to be one stiff and achy mofo tomorrow. The saving grace is it really is beautiful with cool stuff like this to look at.

20220828_223530.jpg
                Last edited by edindetroit; August 29, 2022, 07:36 AM.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Speaking to a depressed Celtic & Liverpool supporting joiner earlier this morning. Told me if he’d put on a ten quid bet that both teams he supports would win 9-0 at the weekend, he could’ve retired.
                  (Tongue in cheek…… he was joking)

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Probably true, but got to be honest....., when this is healed, I'll be warming up much better and back playing Squash. The "stop trying to be young again" chat is usually uttered by fat cunts who smoke. I ain't either of those SO i'll be back on court trying to kick Scotty's A$$ at Squash in a month or two ....., (I've seen him play....., he'll fkn kill me).

But the point is ---->> NEVER too old. ......, unless you're on a dozen donuts and 20 Marlboro's a day.
                    It's not about doing what you used to do, it's about doing it the way you used to.
                    Sometimes you might find yourself having flashbacks of how you used to do things - and get a reality check.

Ex. I've commuted on bicycle every day for the last 25 years - still do.
                    There is a road that is parallel to the airport taxiway on my way to work. I used to motion to pilots "wanna race" and some would oblige.
                    I can't sustain 30mph+ anymore (road is about a mile long), those days are gone, I'll remember them fondly.
                    I tried that once last year for shits and grins (58 y/o) and nearly crashed from a lack of oxygen to the brain after about 1/2 a mile.
                    Brain kindly responded - "bruh, you aren't 40 anymore - stop that shit or I will".....

Comment

• You sure its not just a state of mind? I mean I installed a heating system for an 81 year old dude about 5 years ago who ran marathons. Ok, he's dead now. Apparently collapsed and died at the finishing line......, but that's not the point.

Comment

• Everton bag their first win today. Feels like waiting on the first Lions win.
                        Benrama had them dead to rights for the equalizer with Begovic rooted - and the post comes to the rescue.
                        Then minutes later was the play of the match - with Benrama slamming a corner straight into the side of the net.
                        The look on Moyes face was one of those priceless "WTF?" moments.

Comment

• I love when they sing Spirit of the Blues after a win. That song sounds like 1985.

Comment

• Aussie Rules Football Grand Final last Friday night.
                            Geelong Cats blitzed the Sydney Swans for their 10th title.
                            To put it in Waffle House lingo. Sydney were "smothered, covered, diced, chunked, capped and peppered".

Quote of the match early 3rd quarter came from the lady in the booth - as the men had run out of adjectives to describe what they were seeing.
                            "Up 59 and still dog hungry"......

To put it into comparison for those who have never seen AFL, it looked like the '85 Bears SB vs Patriots. It was that dominant of a performance.

Comment

• Was indeed a proper demolition, and richly deserved after finishing two game clear minor premiers. They’ve been awesome.

Having said that, they only beat the Tiges by 3 points 6 weeks ago……. If Reiwoilt had’ve slotted the 6 pointer with 40 secs remaining, wouldve been Tiges by 3. 🤦‍♂️ Was devastated that morning.

Sydney should bounce back as they’ve been equally awesome through the season going 10 games unbeaten until that Grand Final mauling. They’re a very young side….., they’ll be on that podium in the next few years, no doubt, and Longmire is an excellent coach.

Comment

• Went and took a look at that roster seeing as how the rallying cry all season was "too old and too slow".
                                Their key players are all 30+.
                                Dangerfield and Smith in particular, both in their 30's - those guys played like they were 22.
                                Smith got the Norm Smith medal, but my vote would have been for Dangerfield - he was a beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X