X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Deborah-
    started a topic NFL News

NFL News

Time for a sparkly new NFL News thread!!

• Futureshock
    replied
    I heard the Broncos sent Jordan Dizon (Yup, THAT Jordan Dizon) to the workout.

Leave a comment:

• Futureshock
    replied
    Originally posted by Masspartan View Post

? They live in Michigan. I guess I missed something.
    You don't fear for their safety? Because I fear for my son and nephew everyday. If you don't know why, there's nothing I can say to convince you.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Jerrah is the one telling the other owners.

Leave a comment:

• Masspartan
    replied
    your right we're not ... because I don't think guys like Jerry Jones are gonna be told how to run their teams by anyone.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    The NFL owners meet a lot in person, they have email. Who knows? When baseball colluded against the players they have damning info on it from Bill Giles. I expect the NFL may have been better at covering their tracks, but who knows, hopefully there is a lawsuit with a discovery stage. I believe they colluded.

Again, you're an NFL defend-bot, I'm not. We're going to disagree on this.

Leave a comment:

• Masspartan
    replied
    Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    We're just going to disagree on it.
    so you think that somehow league offices got a message to all 32 NFL owners that signing Kaep was a no go? Explain how that works exactly.

Leave a comment:

• Masspartan
    replied
    You can't fight the NFL defend bots. They are too passionate.
    Obviously I feel lumped into this category ... but I think the NFL is effing themselves and it couldn't be any worse than it is. The NFL is just lucky to have fantasy football or I honestly believe you'd see it's popularity falling off.

They are well on their way to making the credibility of the league a farce ... and once the credibility is gone, the gambling and fantasy will dry up and so will league revenues. The officiating is horrendous and the PI bullshit this season is so bad that one cant' help but think the entire thing is starting to be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    We're just going to disagree on it.

Leave a comment:

• Masspartan
    replied

If the 32 owners don't need to collude, its awfully suspicious that the NFL felt the need to hold this workout. The existence of it is more proof that they are colluding. Trying to cover their tracks.
    I guess I don't get the whole colluding idea ... Seems to me that if Jerry Jones wanted to hire Kaepernick then nothing would stop him. I don't very much that he's to much of a sheep to fall in line in that regard. Doesn't mean that other owners would. Perhaps it's unspoken, but I'm not buying that some memo was sent out that stated don't sign Colin to all the NFL owners.

He's probably very capable of being on an NFL roster ... but he'd actually have to want to be on one in order for that to happen. I don't think he has any desire to do that personally. He most certainly doesn't want to do what it takes to make that happen ... ie ... run through the hoops that need to be run through nor does he want to accept a deal that fit his own version of his worth.

Ravens, Broncos and Seahawks were all reported to have offered him an opportunity. He balked. I'm not sure how that's the leagues fault.

Leave a comment:

• Masspartan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
    Where in Thailand, MassSpartan?
    I've been three times. Met my wife in Bangkok. She moved to the States a little over a year later. Got married and a year later we were able to get the kids here through the immigration process.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Pappageorgio
    replied
    Suspicious to whom?

The NFL's lawyers likely told them that when Kap sues again.....that offering him a workout would look good for them (and it will despite the result). They are CTOA.....

There's no collusion...if there were Kap would have gotten paid (and I mean really paid). Kap settled for less money than the NFL's annual bill for stationary or metered stamps. It was like paying a parking ticket for the NFL. It was a gift from the Judge who told Kap's lawyers to settle....the only reason the NFL agreed to even that concession was to keep any embarrassing email communications out of the press(but rest assured...none of those emails added up to collusion).

I'm not a fan of frivolous law suits or an industrial-grade sense of entitlement.....

Leave a comment:

• Masspartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Your brother-in-law, nephew must not live state side
    ? They live in Michigan. I guess I missed something.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

Wait a second......are you telling me that the NFL is catering to their fan base, the people who actually buy tickets and merchandise... instead of catering to millennial SWJs who don't watch football?

This has gone beyond being a simple travesty.....it's a hate-crime.

But you're right that the workout was to head-off another collusion lawsuit. And it worked. Kap was fucked the minute he originally accepted the offer. If he signs the waiver he'd not be able to sue again......but by acting like an asshat (again), he only showcased why teams should be wary in the first place. The only way for Kap to come out of this looking successful, would have been for him to humbly ace the workout. But Kap and his entourage couldn't get out of their own way....because playing in the NFL isn't what he really wants.

32 owners don't need to collude to ensure Kap stays out of the league.....because 32 GM/HCs perceive Kap's behavior as too distracting for an NFL QB in the locker room
    If the 32 owners don't need to collude, its awfully suspicious that the NFL felt the need to hold this workout. The existence of it is more proof that they are colluding. Trying to cover their tracks.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    And for the record I was responding to Nick and not Masspartan on the post that Masspartan quoted me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X