No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston and Boston blew it, blame them not the NBA. Houston could drive at will and did for the first 18 minutes, then they started chucking all sorts of terrible threes.

Comment

• I think (thank God) that this is end of the two team dominance in the NBA, if for any reason than I don't think James is coming back to Cleveland after this.

Comment

• Even if he did come back, it's going to be hard to get past the Celtics for the next few years with the Cavs. He can't do any more than he did in this last series and the Celtics will be better. If he goes to the Sixers then it's going to be a war for the next few years.

Comment

• Whatever team LeBron leaves for will be a super team next year. There will be three super teams in 2018/2019.
          Warriors, Celtics, and LeBron’s team. So obvious. ... NBA.

Again... just like the last several years... I’d risk changing my profile pic to whatever if I’m wrong with that. Not likely because the NBA.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Houston was already playing 7 deep before Chris Paul got hurt. After that they basically were a 6 man rotation. They were gassed, you could see it in the 2nd halves of games 6 and 7.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              Whatever team LeBron leaves for will be a super team next year. There will be three super teams in 2018/2019.
              Warriors, Celtics, and LeBron?s team. So obvious. ... NBA.

Again... just like the last several years... I?d risk changing my profile pic to whatever if I?m wrong with that. Not likely because the NBA.
              Agreed. LeBron isn?t going to head to the Bucks. He?ll figure out what the best fit to win another championship and go there. Whoever it turns out to be will be an instant favorite with Golden State
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Who knows where he goes, but likely he stays in the East, much easier path to the finals than the West.

Comment

• Dunno what Philly's cap situation is like, but that seems like a pretty good landing spot for him.

Comment

• 76ers seem like a good East possibility.
                    Cap is around $75MM for 2018/2019. They definitely can add one max player. Two if they package draft picks and vets (Covington, Bayless) for cap relief.
                    A core of Simmons, Fultz, Saric, and Embiid is promising. Adding LeBron can put them in contention.
                    Rockets is a West team I’ve heard. Not sure about that. They’d have to unload Anderson’s contract.
                    The LA teams are other teams that seem possible. Lakers have the cap space to add LeBron + George + maybe another.

76ers or Lakers is my guess.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This is good Twitter:

[ame]https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1001304010584805376[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Houston and Boston blew it, blame them not the NBA. Houston could drive at will and did for the first 18 minutes, then they started chucking all sorts of terrible threes.
                        To be fair, Harden is their only effective slasher and he really burnt a lot of his 4Q candles in the first half. Nothing new.

Guy is as physically undisciplined as they come, not much of a leader either.

Sucks, cause he can be fun to watch.

Comment

• Gordon was slashing at will yesterday. The way the Warriors were extended past the arc, they were daring anyone to drive. I get that Houston believes that the only shots worth taking threes, layups and free throws but some times you have to be able to post up or hit some midrange jumpers. A wide open mid range jumper is worth a lot more chucking a long contested three.

Too much hero ball, the one thing that Curry has over guys like Westbrook and Harden is he excels at moving without the ball. He was sublime last night starting about halfway through the second quarter.

I'm sure the Rockets were gassed, those missed threes were very ugly, the legs were gone. But you have 82 games to experiment, you have to have plans B and C in case shit isn't falling.

Comment

• That is never true. A 3 point attempt is more valuable than a 2 point attempt, almost regardless of the defense. Its pretty simple math.
                            On 10 attempts, if a person makes 35% of 3s which is league average. that converts to 10.5 points
                            On those same 10 attempts, a person making 50% of 2s which his higher than league average, converts to 10 points.

That is also considering the fact that league average for midrage jumpers is going to be lower than that even, because that includes dunks, putbacks, and shots in the paint as well.

There is almost no situation where a 2 point shot is better than a 3. Certainly no situation where a midrange jumper, no matter how open, is better.
                            1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• What happens when a team makes 0% of their 3 point attempts over 27 tries though?

Comment

• It sounds like guitar jack read the Rick Pitino primer. Great insight, nobody has ever explained the 3 versus 2 strategy. Congrats dude. If you are chucking a guarded 3 instead of taking a wide open two, you'll fail to close out a team like the Warriors. It doesn't sound like you watched the game. GSW beat them with the midrange game, they take a lot of midrange junpers, they are the best team.

end

Comment

Working...
                                X