No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Process completely fell apart in that series.
    If Embiid's knee was healthy, perhaps it's a different outcome.
    Ben Simmons a disaster. Mental roadblocks that affects his shooting/ ability to play on offense. No, I don't want the Pistons to trade for Ben Simmons. Annoying for people to say "Hey, let's dump a bad contract on the Detroit Pistons." Ben Simmons, Kristaps Porzingis...

I enjoy watching the Hawks. Sadly, it'll come to an end for them in the ECF.... barring any injuries to Giannis, Middleton, or Holiday (We can't take random injuries for granted in this year's NBA playoffs).
    De'Andre Hunter out. Bogdan and Young banged up.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I feel like with Embid his outside shooting and face up ability is working against him. He is pretty good at both, but down in the post he is much better. He is the best low post guy since Shaq but with the added bonus that he's a great free throw shooter. He needs to have a more Shaq-like role in that offense, but that means he needs a creative point who can shoot.

The Hawks might surprise, Milwaukee looked great in the first round and about as ass as you can look winning the second round.

Comment

• Guess the 76ers should have taken the Simmons for Harden trade talks more seriously then.

I'm in a group text thread with a few die-hard Bucks fans. The one thing they are worried about is their "poor defense against the 3"... which is something Atlanta is great at. Shooting the 3. Hawks would need Kevin Huerter, Danilo Galinari, and others to step up big time.
        IF Bogdan, Hunter, and Young were all healthy, I might think this series would be interesting. Don't think the Hawks will ultimately have enough.

Definitely rooting for the Hawks though.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          I feel like with Embid his outside shooting and face up ability is working against him. He is pretty good at both, but down in the post he is much better. He is the best low post guy since Shaq but with the added bonus that he's a great free throw shooter. He needs to have a more Shaq-like role in that offense, but that means he needs a creative point who can shoot.
          Embiid kinda has Rasheed Wallace's "problem," in that he's JUST good enough outside to start making it worth it, but he's so good in the post that it's not entirely clear if playing an outside game is the better choice. Fortunately, it also makes him very versatile. Just as a good point guard who could shoot would make him nigh unstoppable down low, a strong post presence would allow him to be a devastating flex player that could score from anywhere and be almost impossible to defend.

Comment

• Embid is much, much better in the post than Rasheed, Rasheed just had the turnaround. People overrated how good Rasheed was in the post and that was part of the issue. Embid is unguardable in the post when he is healthy. Another big difference is the Sixers give him the ball beyond the arc and expect him to facilitate because they don't have a real point guard. Part of the issue is their point guard should be a center or forward.

Comment

• Embiid would have been the MVP this season if he stayed healthy. His problem has been health.

Welp, we will find out the draft order in a few hours. I hear Big Ben is representing the Pistons. Hope it brings good luck.
              Just please land in the top 4. That's all.

Odds:
              Detailed 2024 NBA lottery odds. View the current odds for each lottery spot to get specific picks. See the chances that a pick is traded based on position.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah it would be interesting to see if he was healthy the whole year if he would have won the MVP, he was the leader at the time he got hurt. Jokic had a phenomenal year but nobody watches the Nuggets. Those big fellas have a hard time staying healthy.

Comment

• Happy Otis Day!

It’s a coin flip that we kand anywhere from 1-6. Top 4 or bust!

Comment

• If you asked me a few months ago I would have taken Suggs over everyone but man Mobley is something else. That kid is going to be something in the NBA.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Green is pretty awesome, though. I caught a few of those G League games. He’s crazy explosive with shooting ability. And he competes on defense. He’s can be a true two way guard who drops 20-25 per with efficiency.

Comment

• Pistons are in the top four.

Comment

• Chad Ford reports Pistons get #1.

Comment

• So how are they going to fuck it up?
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Weaver seems to be doing a good job. I think he’ll do alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                Wow!

Comment

Working...
                                X