No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKC was going to lose one of their 3 stars for nothing if Presti didn't make the Harden trade. Don't think they could have signed all three superstars at the time.
    I would also throw in Reggie Jackson. RJ didn't do anything significant with the Pistons, but man... he got paid.
    The Paul George and Russell Westbrook trades last offseason and the fact OKC is contending for a playoff spot. Impressive.
    Presti has hit on so many draft picks.

Point being... I would pick Sam Presti as my GM if I had to start a small market team (let's say, Memphis) from scratch. Think he is one of the best given how hard it is to run a franchise like OKC nowadays.
    GS front office obviously up there too.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Did the Pistons forum on vbulletin disappear for everybody else?

EDIT ... hey it's back how bout that
      Last edited by Forsh; July 9, 2020, 03:25 PM.
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        OKC was going to lose one of their 3 stars for nothing if Presti didn't make the Harden trade. Don't think they could have signed all three superstars at the time.
        I would also throw in Reggie Jackson. RJ didn't do anything significant with the Pistons, but man... he got paid.
        The Paul George and Russell Westbrook trades last offseason and the fact OKC is contending for a playoff spot. Impressive.
        Presti has hit on so many draft picks.

Point being... I would pick Sam Presti as my GM if I had to start a small market team (let's say, Memphis) from scratch. Think he is one of the best given how hard it is to run a franchise like OKC nowadays.
        GS front office obviously up there too.
        Oh, they COULD have, Clay Bennet just didn't want to sign the checks. As many teams have demonstrated before and since, it is MORE than possible to have three "max" contracts on your roster and build up a decent bench. You just have to be willing to pay the luxury tax.

That's nothing against Presti, who had to work with the limitations ownership imposed on him, but the idea that the Thunder just couldn't keep all three of them is demonstrably bullshit.

Comment

• Latest NBA test results show no new cases of COVID-19

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 20, 2020, 5:04 PM EDT

Getty Images

We’ll see what happens when NFL training camps open in earnest next week, but at the moment, Mark Cuban has a data point which suggests he has a point.

The NBA announced Monday that there were no new positive tests for COVID-19 over the last week, among the 346 players tested.

Of course, the NBA is returning to work in a bubble in Orlando, and sequestering players is going to make it much easier to control the spread of the virus than anything NFL teams can do in 32 team facilities — some of which are in coronavirus hotspots.

Cuban, who owns the Dallas Mavericks, said he thought it would be “very difficult” for the NFL to keep the virus in control, given the lack of isolation and the larger rosters.

When players start pouring in from every corner of the country over the next week, it will be a challenge for the NFL. The league has agreed to daily testing, which will help identify cases, but it’s reasonable to expect numbers to go up when players convene.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Not Pistons news per se, but NBA news involving a Piston great:

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
              Latest NBA test results show no new cases of COVID-19

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 20, 2020, 5:04 PM EDT

Getty Images
              Kimbo Slice got into fantastic shape for a fat dude
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Doesn't look like Kimbo except the beard.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• NBA lottery is tonight.
                  Here are the odds: http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

Pistons have a reasonable shot at getting a top 3 pick. Not that this draft has elite prospects or something. It appears to be weaker at the top compared to recent years.
                  I'm so sick of the Pistons pick at #8 basically every year. Having the #2 pick (Darko) was a year before my time as a fan.

Also, salty to see Donovan Mitchell in the playoffs. Mitchell is such a stud. Kennard, not so much.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The Pistons could be a very good team had SVG not blown the Stanley Johnson and Luke Kennard picks....A Booker-Mitchell backcourt would have been awesome.

Comment

• This draft is such a weird one. The “top” guys have as many questions as strengths. Anthony Edwards’ talent is not in question, but his drive to further elevate his game is. He’s got the talent to be a star two way guard, but will he settle for being someone like Dion Waiters? Lamelo Ball has elite size, passing ability and an innate feel for the game, but his shot selection is suspect as is his overall work ethic. He’s got the length and foot quickness to be at least a solid defender, but the term “lazy” gets used a little too often for my liking to describe his effort there. James Wiseman is the most naturally talented player in this draft, but he’s raw and largely untested. I think which player goes #1 will be entirely dependent on which team gets the pick. This doesn’t seem to be a year with a clear and obvious guy (or two) at the top.

To me, there’s very little drop off this year between picking top 3 and picking 4-8 (Hayes, Avdija, Okoro, Okongwu, Toppin, Haliburton - all guys with talent and questions too). So while it would be nice to see the Pistons land in the top 3, I think I’d rather see them save that luck for next year’s draft.

Comment

• Well, the higher they pick the more potential trades they can pull off for future assets. I’m not expecting much based on our teams recent lotto history (Red Wings) but it’s all numbers. We shall see.

Comment

• If you take out an Anthony Davis-like prospect, the 2020 class reminds me of a combination of the 2012/ 2013 class. Less obvious on who will turn out to be good + higher chance of bust.
                          Not that significant to get into the top 2 or 3 like the 2019 class, but hey... we'll take it if it happens.

Anthony Edwards = Bradley Beal or Ben McLemore
                          Lamelo Ball = Dion Waiters or Victor Oladipo
                          James Wiseman = Andre Drummond or Nerlens Noel
                          Deni Avdija = a rich man's Evan Fournier
                          Obi Toppin = Thomas Robinson or Cody Zeller.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• And they wind up sliding down to the 7th pick. Typical Pistons lottery luck.

I’m thinking Isaac Okoro, Tyrese Haliburton, or Obi Toppin.

Comment

• What in the fuck man. This is getting to be complete fucking bullshit. I’m sick of the Pistons and Wings being terrible and getting screwed in the lottery
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Fuck this
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X