Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
    Actually, ya know what, with Harden and Doncic dominating, don't even know why i think athleticism matters anymore. Hayes just has to be better
    Yup. Not every 3 needs to be a step back.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post

Yup. Not every 3 needs to be a step back.
      Actually, that's what Harden and Luka do, too, haha
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Actually, that's what Harden and Luka do, too, haha
        Oh I know. But Harden has been making those for years. Luka not so much, but he does so many other things well that you can live with that. In Hayes’ limited sample size of play, the few 3s he hit were set shots, not his step back shot, which he was using to create space even when he already had an open look (by NBA standards anyway).

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          I would rather have Grant than Wood.
          Who is Grant?

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

The dude played all of what... seven games? And you're already declaring he hasn't flashed anything?

Jesus Christ, you have some absurd standards when it comes to Detroit athletes.
          Not just that. All teams he follows. King don't play that.

Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Count me in this camp. There were major concerns pre-draft. He worked out for a team that was stunned by his lack of athleticism and running the floor. I admittedly can't watch all Pistons games, but the ones I did see, I never once saw him get the team out in transition (them Rose comes in and they run all the time). Hayes showed very little burst in the halfcourt, just couldn't turn the corner. It's documented that he has a weak right hand. Lack of athleticism makes finishing at the rim harder. His shot looked pretty weak. It's not fluid, long wind up, lower than ideal release.

His only positives that I saw were that he did compete defensively, and he does seem to have good passing vision and can throw a good pass.

Everything offensively just looked slow and like a drill. Writing him off may be premature, but there are so many red flags, and now this injury. A guy like Andre Miller was a pretty good NBA player which gives me hope still, but Hayes really did not look good
          Disagree. All three of those guys look like they can be building blocks. As far as for Hayes, I've seen him make a number of moves. He gets to where he wants , which is the point. He plays smart and in the flow. He seems to know the game more then Douboya and he has had a whole year in the NBA. Even if he isn't your top notch "athlete" he can play. I'd rather have that then some guy running and jumping out of the gym but no ball smarts or skill.

HIS only problem is that he takes too many 3s. In today's NBA it wouldn't be a bad thing if he hit them. He needs to practice them more. But just not so much in the games. The issue with going right hasn't manifested itself in any game I've seen and I have watched most of them.

He's young, I think he will recover from the injury. It may be a very small tear. My son had a fracture when he was in middle school. It was a small bump the size of this "O". Literally. So be careful with the sideline diagnosis. He'll be ok.

I just like these guys. They play harder then the teams of the recent past and they are exactly where they need to be. Play hard. Barely lose, a lot. Get some more help next year. Because honestly, the only games they looked severely over matched was against MIL. A lot of teams can say the same thing.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Ish Smith, Reggie Jackson and Andre Drummond have plenty of athletism. Where did that lead them? They were turrible. I couldn't watch them because those guys are losers that were out there getting blown out and laughing it off every night. They seemed to be just out to get their own stats. I am glad they all are gone.

I wish they could have found a way to keep Woods, but every one else they got rid of has been addition by subtraction. Also, they aren't at the point to be locking guys up and their cap. I think they're keeping Blake and Rose for tutoring the young guys.

Troy Weaver has done a good job so far.

Meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/DetroitPistons/s...813366784?s=20

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• This is Grant. You know, leading scorer, potential all-star, $60M free agent signee.

Jerami Grant Stats and news - NBA stats and news on Portland Trail Blazers Forward Jerami Grant

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                Ish Smith, Reggie Jackson and Andre Drummond have plenty of athletism. Where did that lead them? They were turrible. I couldn't watch them because those guys are losers that were out there getting blown out and laughing it off every night. They seemed to be just out to get their own stats. I am glad they all are gone.

I wish they could have found a way to keep Woods, but every one else they got rid of has been addition by subtraction. Also, they aren't at the point to be locking guys up and their cap. I think they're keeping Blake and Rose for tutoring the young guys.

Troy Weaver has done a good job so far.

Meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/DetroitPistons/s...813366784?s=20

Who is Woods? Tiger?
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                  This is Grant. You know, leading scorer, potential all-star, $60M free agent signee.

Jerami Grant Stats and news - NBA stats and news on Portland Trail Blazers Forward Jerami Grant

Oh Jerami. Duh. I really like him too. He just keeps playing hard, and scoring, too.

They just look like a team that needs 1 or two more "special" guys. Hopefully #1 pick guy(s).

Right now they don't have enough ammunition to go toe to toe with most teams.

Comment

• I like him more then Woods. And I liked Woods

Comment

• Last edited by BJK; February 7, 2021, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Gores really screwed the Pistons over with his no tank / win now ideas. They’re in a no win with this pending Griffin move. There’s zero chance for a trade because no contender has the want or cap space for his ridiculous contract.

A buyout is the only way but it really doesn’t do much for the Piston unless Blake waives that last player option year. If he waived that 37 mil he’s a better man than me. That’s a ton of money that he’ll never get anywhere else
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He can't waive the opt in year. That year automatically gets triggered with a buyout. Blake could give back some $ which would lower next year's $37 hit.

Comment

• Ya, he's pretty much useless. I guess he's had two blocks this year and ZERO dunks. He's a corpse.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                              He can't waive the opt in year. That year automatically gets triggered with a buyout. Blake could give back some $ which would lower next year's $37 hit.
                              Oh shit

Thats terrible
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Ya, the only person to benefit from this is Gores saving some $ and Blake choosing where to go. The Pistons cap hit can get lowered next year, but we're still going to take the $30 or so hit.

I don't care, though. We suck, so it's better to take the hit through next year than attach assets to dump that contract on a team.

Comment

Working...
                                X