No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's simply what basketball is nowadays. Kids are obsessed with taking jump shots. Analytics has dictated a shift in style with the game.
    Unless the NBA changes rules to allow more contact (doubt it), this is what we'll have for the foreseeable future.
    Better build your team around players that can knock down jumpers at an efficient rate.
    I'm not a fan. It makes watching college basketball more enjoyable because you'll see a player like Hunter Dickinson that dominates in the paint. More entertaining to me.

Hawks scored 74 points in the 1st half vs the 76ers on Sunday. Scoring 74 points TOTAL in the 2005 Spurs vs Pistons Finals was tough enough back then.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They aren't chucking like your boys playing pickup. The whole offenses are designed around forcing switches and swinging to ball to get an open three.

Curry did change the game as much as anyone I can remember but Draymond was also a game changer. Back in Future's glory days of yesteryear, you didn't switch. Most players couldn't switch and you didn't need to. The rules have nothing to do with stretching the floor because more players can shoot the three. In fact if you go to the old rules the giant centers would be forced to guard like Durant out at the arc, good luck with that.

Comment

• College basketball is bad, overofficated and overcoached.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          College basketball is bad, overofficated and overcoached.
          There’s some terrible officiating for sure but the college game is so much more fun to watch
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If you love watching commercials.

Comment

• That’s all American TV. It’s ridiculous
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• College basketball is the worst with the 4 TV timeouts each half. Someone calls a timeout a 12:05, when they come back to play they go to a TV timeout in the next stoppage of play. It's a totally subpar product that is OK to watch for three weekends a year for the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  College basketball is the worst with the 4 TV timeouts each half. Someone calls a timeout a 12:05, when they come back to play they go to a TV timeout in the next stoppage of play. It's a totally subpar product that is OK to watch for three weekends a year for the tournament.
                  The stoppages are shit but that’s across all American pro sports. When I went to watch the Lions in London there were so many people from the UK complaining about how bad watching and NFL game was with commercials.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I can’t really watch the NFL live. It’s just an overall brutal experience. You just sit there and watch a bunch of guys stand around.

I’m sure it made no sense for UK fans used to soccer. Soccer is the best viewing experience in an era with so many entertainment options.

Comment

• Watching an NFL game at a stadium is wretched with all of the standing, it's as bad as the College Basketball experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                        I can’t really watch the NFL live. It’s just an overall brutal experience. You just sit there and watch a bunch of guys stand around.

I’m sure it made no sense for UK fans used to soccer. Soccer is the best viewing experience in an era with so many entertainment options.
                        This post was like 2 different people wrote each paragraph. I prob read it too quick and am missing something. You're saying the NFL is boring live because for most of the time players are just standing around (I agree, the way to enjoy is to go with people you can have a good time with through the lulls) ... but then say SOCCER is the best viewing experience?

Soccer is brutal even on TV. It's only good for highlights
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I never get the "the players are in such great shape" argument for soccer either. Whenever I watch there seems to be a lot of players standing around or jogging with plenty of time to catch their breath and a couple, maybe a few guys sprinting for a few seconds, then the sprinters get their turn to stand around or jog and catch their breath as a couple of different guys sprint. I think you have to be in better shape to play basketball.

BTW, I am not "anti-soccer" (I've evolved) but I don't spend any time watching either.

And yes, NFL football is brutal in person and college isn't a whole lot better. Toughdown. Commercial. Extra point. Commercial. Kickoff. Commercial. Way too much dead time

The last two minutes of basketball are just a bad. Time out team A. Time out Team B. Replay review. Wash rinse repeat. It should be against the rules to call a timeout in the last two minutes of the game.
                          Last edited by CGVT; June 10, 2021, 01:56 PM.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                            I can’t really watch the NFL live. It’s just an overall brutal experience. You just sit there and watch a bunch of guys stand around.

Quite the opposite. I met a ton of people from that side of the pond that were extremely well versed in football. Unbelievably enough most play fantasy football and got sucked in that way.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• During a live NFL game the TV asshole stands on the field most of the time. By the time you even get to the stadium, park, drink $15 beers, and leave it’s just not worth it. You sit around for 4 hrs and watch 13 mins of actual gameplay.

Soccer is a 2 hr experience. Minimal breaks. Much better overall experience as a fan.

Comment

• Soccer is a good in-person experience because you can really see plays develop. The NFL is a very hard watch live. It’s much better to watch from the couch on a big ass TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X