No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “The last two minutes of basketball are just a bad. Time out team A. Time out Team B. Replay review. Wash rinse repeat. It should be against the rules to call a timeout in the last two minutes of the game.”

Ya, replay has really made it way worse. It kills the flow of the game and rhythm.

Comment

• In Soccer they are covering a lot of ground over the 90 minutes. It's not every position but if you are a box to box midfielder you might run up to 8 miles in a.game. The good strikers aren't covering as much ground, but they are doing a lot of full out sprints on runs.

The leaders in ground covered in the EPL were averaging 7.8 miles per game. The leaders in the NBA in ground covered are approaching 3 miles per game. The NBA is playing more games, they get to sit during the games.

Both sports are meat grinders as far as fitness, in soccer they talk about fitness a lot because if you don't play enough you are not game fit and you get exposed. And if you play too many games you get worn down and exposed.

Comment

• Who cares nothing happens
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Yeah I guess Boomer.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Watching an NFL game at a stadium is wretched with all of the standing, it's as bad as the College Basketball experience.
            Lol. Stop it.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Pistons Notes: Joseph, Draft, Beilein, J. Allen

June 9th, 2021 at 5:18pm CST by Arthur Hill

The Pistons‘ luck in the draft lottery could determine whether Cory Joseph returns next season, according to Rod Beard of The Detroit News. If Detroit takes Cade Cunningham or Jalen Suggs, the front office may decide it has too many point guards on the roster to keep Joseph. He has a $2.4MM guarantee on his $12.6MM contract for next season that kicks in if he’s still on the roster August 1.

Joseph will turn 30 in August and he slipped into a veteran mentor’s role after being acquired from the Kings at the trade deadline. He put up career-best numbers in 19 games with the Pistons, averaging 12.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 5.5 assists per night, and Beard believes the chances are “a little above 50-50” that the team will keep him.

There’s more from Detroit:
              • Former G League Ignite star Jalen Green might be the best option for the Pistons in the draft if they don’t land the top pick, Beard adds in the same piece. He sees Suggs as similar to incumbent point guard Killian Hayes — a good lead guard but not an exceptional shooter. Cunningham’s mix of both skills makes him the ideal choice, Beard states.
              • The Pistons hired former Cavaliers head coach John Beilein as a senior advisor last week to oversee the team’s six development coaches and ensure a consistent message throughout the organization, writes Keith Langlois of NBA.com. With 11 players age 24 or younger, Detroit is counting on individual improvement as the most likely way to become a contender again.
              • Celtics assistant coach Jerome Allen met today with the Pistons about an offer to join Dwane Casey’s staff, tweets Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated. Allen reportedly interviewed for the head coaching job in Boston and may get an interview in Portland as well.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Third Season Will Be Pivotal For Doumbouya

June 7th, 2021 at 9:57pm CST by Dana Gauruder
                • Pistons forward Sekou Doumbouya finished his second season on a high note and next season will be pivotal regarding his future with the franchise, Keith Langlois of Pistons.com writes. He averaged 11.8 PPG and 4.9 RPG over the final eight games. Doumbouya needs to be in top condition to accentuate his strengths as a cutter in half-court situations and finisher in transition. He also needs to improve his 3-point shooting to gain a rotation spot. Detroit will have to decide by the start of next season whether to pick up the fourth-year option on Doumbouya.

Comment

• Sekou turned 20 years old six months ago. Hope he gets every chance to prove himself before the Pistons think about bailing on him. I'm not giving up on him yet.
                  Interested to see what Beilein can do to help his game. If you think about a player like Mo Wagner, he was as raw as it gets when it comes to playing basketball during his freshman season. Mo developed into a quality starter and 1st RD pick by year 3 at Michigan.

I rarely watch soccer outside of the occasional Premier League game. Big fan of Harry Kane/ Tottenham.
                  Will say that the last couple of FIFA World Cups have been HIGHLY enjoyable to me. Love it.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Comment

• SVG fired after one year. Smart move.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post
                        Dude looks like a 30 year old man that needs a haircut. I can't wait to see him in action
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Dude looks like a 30 year old man that needs a haircut. I can't wait to see him in action
                          You sleep on a dirt floor for a decade and tell me how old you feel

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

You sleep on a dirt floor for a decade and tell me how old you feel
                            Well according to King, that's what jaadam does sleep on
                            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• After the decade am I a millionaire like he is now?
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He sure don't look very big.

Comment

Working...
                                X