No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking about that when I was watching the Clippers these playoffs, he has been good but as a role player. He wanted to be the man in OKC and Detroit, but he wasn't good enough. There are a lot of guys in the NBA that get better when they are role players or backups. It's why getting two or three core players are important, you can fill out the rest of roster with a lot of discards.

Comment

• Well this is pretty cool too.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I was thinking about that when I was watching the Clippers these playoffs, he has been good but as a role player. He wanted to be the man in OKC and Detroit, but he wasn't good enough. There are a lot of guys in the NBA that get better when they are role players or backups. It's why getting two or three core players are important, you can fill out the rest of roster with a lot of discards.
        You spelled all sports as "NBA"

I think we see it a lot with the Lions too. Guys we think can be cornerstones/stars are just supplemental guys on other teams. And they flourish in that role, but not top guys.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• My wife was like "Why didn't they do that when they were here?" In response to me pointing out all the ex-Pistons in the playoffs. She actually got mad about it. Which made it funnier to me and ultimately ending with me being temporarily in the dog house.

Guess what? Still funny
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I'm on Cloud 9 right now!
            "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Fair scouting report here.

Comment

• Check out the play at the 29:30 mark here. He rotates to numerous defenders, blocks a shot, grabs it with one hand and leads the break. He does shit like like this all the time. That’s why he’s the #1.

Guys capable of doing what he did there don’t grow on trees. He’s a one man show on both ends.
                Last edited by The King; June 23, 2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• This is exciting. The Pistons could turn into the best local team very shortly. Actually, they might be there right now. They were playing pretty well when they had the whole lineup out there.

Comment

• Ice Trae was just fantastic tonight, holy shit he's only 22 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                      https://youtu.be/PB1r62nw5IQ

Fair scouting report here.
                      Some of his bounce passes in that video are just awesome. That part where it talks about making special plays look routine is on the money.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Ice Trae was just fantastic tonight, holy shit he's only 22 years old.
                        When he went off in the third quarter it was absolutely amazing. I was giggling like a school girl. Ha!
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If Steph is Mario, Trae is Wario. It is so funny what he's doing to these teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                            This is exciting. The Pistons could turn into the best local team very shortly. Actually, they might be there right now. They were playing pretty well when they had the whole lineup out there.
                            I think it’s going to be the Pistons and Lions neck and neck for awhile. The ownership is buying into building right, both IMO have good front offices / coaching staffs and fantastic draft capital.

I think it’s exciting times for both franchises
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Happy to see the Hawks win that. Surprised and happy.

On the surface, it felt easy to think this should be a no-brainer series in favor of the Bucks.
                              Bucks have health, experience, a former MVP, better defense, size, and arguably 3 of the best 4 players in the series. It feels like it's finally Milwaukee's time to breakthrough because they have been around for years. Hawks are THE new team.
                              Despite all of that ... Hawks gave them trouble in game 1. They are a team with great quickness. Trae continues to impress. Safe to say Nate McMillan is the better coach right now. Bud has become a meme. Maybe John Collins is overlooked.

Keep it up Hawks! Prove me wrong.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I was a huge Suggs and Mobley fan but the more I watch Cade's game reels the more I realize how lucky we got in the lottery. Cunningham could be really great for this team.

I still have no idea how they managed to get 2 extra 1st rounders in last years draft and I have no idea how they seem to have hit on both of those picks, but if they could find an extra mid 1st there's 2 players that I really like.

Kai Jones or James Boukinght. Both could be lottery picks or like Bey they could slip. If the Pistons could somehow manage to grab one of those guys I'd be over the moon. I still don't like pairing Cade with Hayes. I'd rather have a set in stone 2 guard instead of trying to roll 2 PG's.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X