Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
    After being drafted, Cade talked about leading the Pistons to championships. J Green was talking about max contracts and such. Yeah, I think they made the right choice.
    In Green’s interview after he was drafted last night, he said it’s his goal to win rookie of the year next season.
    So there’s that too.

It’s only talk, so ultimately not a big deal.
    Definitely prefer to hear talk about winning over individual awards.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• News these days is at warp speed, I completely missed the Westbrook to LAL trade. This super team shit is starting to get out of control. I never in my thought I'd see Westbrook and LBJ on the same team. This just feels like a trainwreck.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Just watched a few of Cade's post draft interviews. I'm really impressed at how he's handled himself. He's really confident but humble at the same time. He seems to have a great family around him.

I really like this pick.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          Love the look of that jersey.

and well, Darko’s phenomenal workout led to him being the pick in 2003.
          I think Jamarcus Russell had to greatest pre-draft workout buzz too. 2007 NFL Draft.
          Al in his later years didn't understand that if your QB is throwing the ball 70 yards from his knees - it's coming back anyway.....

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            News these days is at warp speed, I completely missed the Westbrook to LAL trade. This super team shit is starting to get out of control. I never in my thought I'd see Westbrook and LBJ on the same team. This just feels like a trainwreck.
            Just to make sure it's a total sh!t show and circus they are bandying around signing Melo. All 13.4 ppg (while giving up probably twice that much) of him.

It's like watching "Love and Hip Hop Atlanta." My wife loves watching this crap. It always has a few ship wrecks going on. Sooooooo this year one of the older train wreck lady on the show is dating.... one Lamar Odom.

As soon as I saw that I was literally laughing on the floor.

My wife goes, "What's so funny?"

I go, "The show need a whole new circus huh? That dude is his own circus."

She goes, "I never heard of him."

Me, "Oh just you wait."

BTW, I thought he shouldn't be drinking (or obviously, doing drugs). I let out an audible gasp when he started drinking in the first episode. Told the wife, "This is definitely not going to end right."

She goes, "How do you know."

Me, "Just wait for it."
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Olynyk would be interesting, he would fit in with what they are trying to do. But these are the type of guys who make it to free agency. Is he worth 3 years paying between 12-15 million? That might be a little rich.

Comment

• Now this:

In the (YouTube) video he is claiming sobriety but he's drinking on the show. Lamar has had a tough up-bringing (I think he was a homeless kid who was taken in by a coach) but he's too old to be a victim.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Olynyk would be interesting, he would fit in with what they are trying to do. But these are the type of guys who make it to free agency. Is he worth 3 years paying between 12-15 million? That might be a little rich.
                  Maybe. But that is the way in the NBA. Plus, Weaver gives me the impression he can get rid of anyone if he needs to.

Comment

• August 1, 2021 ET
                    6.9kFREE AGENCY

NBA intel: Lauri Markkanen, Nerlens Noel, Lou Williams and Kelly Olynyk free agency updates

August 1, 2021 ET

Nerlens Noel

The Toronto Raptors, New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons, and Sacramento Kings are all expected to pursue Nerlens Noel in free agency, league sources told HoopsHype.

...Should Nerlens join the Pistons, he’d be reunited with former Sixers teammate Jerami Grant, one of his close friends. Following the trade of Mason Plumlee to the Hornets, the Pistons will look to the market for a replacement...
                    Kelly Olynyk

The Detroit Pistons have interest in signing center Kelly Olynyk in free agency following the trade of Mason Plumlee to Charlotte, league sources told HoopsHype.

Some around the league believe Olynyk could command between the full mid-level exception and $12 million annually on the market.

Comment

• That is the key, some General Managers get stuck with contracts and seemingly cannot get rid of them. Weaver doesn't seem to be that. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with, but if you look at what they have, the minutes they need to get are from a center/pf type.

Comment

• Keith Langlois: The Pistons have waived Cory Joseph, Deividas Sirvydis and Tyler Cook. Opens some roster spots ahead of free agency.

2 days ago – via Twitter
                        Free Agency, Cory Joseph, Deividas Sirvydis, Tyler Cook, Detroit Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          That is the key, some General Managers get stuck with contracts and seemingly cannot get rid of them. Weaver doesn't seem to be that. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with, but if you look at what they have, the minutes they need to get are from a center/pf type.
                          Yup.

Comment

• Donatas Urbonas: Despite being waived by Detroit, Deividas Sirvydis will be on the Pistons Summer League roster, per sources.

17 hours ago – via Twitter Urbodo
                            Summer League, Deividas Sirvydis, Detroit Pistons

Comment

• Knicks, Pistons and Mavericks interested in DeMar DeRozan

Lowry’s former running mate was said to have strong interest from New York, Detroit and Dallas, sources told B/R, although there is still a belief that Tim Hardaway Jr. could re-sign with the Mavericks on a four-year deal. Dwight Powell is a name that continues to surface in trade speculation as well.

1 min ago – via Jake Fischer @ Bleacher Report
                              Top Rumors, DeMar DeRozan, Dallas Mavericks, Detroit Pistons, New York Knicks, San Antonio Spurs

Comment

• Hope the Pistons sign Tim Hardaway Jr.
                                A shooter that can be productive without the ball. Hardaway Jr. has high enough character where he would give it his all playing in Detroit.
                                and I’m obviously biased saying this.

Seen the Pistons “rumored” to several mid-level free agents. Don’t go too crazy!
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X