No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't develop an off hand this late. The coaches failed him at an early age, that is something you need to hound a player to develop it when he is in middle school, especially if he is a guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      Not being able to dribble left is a gigantic red flag
      Hayes can go left, he can't go right
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• That's what I thought. It's somewhat harder for lefties to develop the offhand because it is so much easier in basketball to drive with your left.

The Dimwiddie comparison is interesting, by the time SVG was coach, he was trash and Dimwiddie was his whipping boy. But guys like that need a situation where they are going to get minutes to be able to make all the mistakes. Those Nets were a bunch of spare parts and he got a lot of minutes and developed. That type of situation isn't going to happen with the Pistons for Hayes. Plus, guys like Dimwiddie are available all the time when they are due the big money. If Hayes flames out there and goes on to have that type of renaissance, that's not that big of a deal. The bigger deal is if he goes on to become a Middleton-level player.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          That's what I thought. It's somewhat harder for lefties to develop the offhand because it is so much easier in basketball to drive with your left.

The Dimwiddie comparison is interesting, by the time SVG was coach, he was trash and Dimwiddie was his whipping boy. But guys like that need a situation where they are going to get minutes to be able to make all the mistakes. Those Nets were a bunch of spare parts and he got a lot of minutes and developed. That type of situation isn't going to happen with the Pistons for Hayes. Plus, guys like Dimwiddie are available all the time when they are due the big money. If Hayes flames out there and goes on to have that type of renaissance, that's not that big of a deal. The bigger deal is if he goes on to become a Middleton-level player.
          Yeah.. what he said
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Frenchie is now 1/11 to start the season. Overall terrible play. It won’t happen. It’s never been there.

Comment

• Anyone thinking anything better than top 3 worst team is clueless. This is a bad team in the 2nd year of a rebuild. This is how it goes. We’re awful and it will be a long season. Our season all hinges on little white balls. Not to mention the $30 million off the books in the summer from the Blake deal.

Excellent tank job. Done to perfection.

Comment

• Trust the process, but there isn't going to be shit available in the free agent market.

Comment

• Could be bottom 3, maybe bottom 5 best case scenario. There are a couple other stinker teams.
                  OKC, Houston, Orlando, and New Orleans.
                  That is, New Orleans without Zion or with 300 lbs+ ‘fat’ Zion.

Pistons are better than the 20 win team from last season. I want to give Cade a shot to see if he provides a slight spark. Pistons are 0-2 vs a projected playoffs Bulls team.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Anyone thinking anything better than top 3 worst team is clueless. This is a bad team in the 2nd year of a rebuild. This is how it goes. We’re awful and it will be a long season. Our season all hinges on little white balls. Not to mention the $30 million off the books in the summer from the Blake deal.

Excellent tank job. Done to perfection.
                    I think it's more like anybody who thought that had too much faith in Cade. If you take a Pistons team that was very competitive most nights last season and theoretically add the best player in the draft to it, plus growth of that the young guys from last season ... well, it would depend how good Cade is. If he's a ready made closer, who knows
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Cunningham looked decent early on but worse in the 2nd quarter. He seemed to barely play in the 2nd half but I think that’s because the bench was doing so well. Orlando seemed determined to not let him get going in his debut. They probably wanted the home crowd out of it since they were so eager to see him.

Comment

• He’s coming off an ankle and had no preseason. They are on a back to back today. They were just limiting his mins.

The shot wasn’t falling but you saw the total package with him. Made some great passes and played great defense. He’s an impact guy on both ends.

I still can’t stand playing Hayes with him. Putting Hayes on ball does nothing as Cade just stands in the corner. Hayes is so putrid that all he does is hurt Cade’s development. Cade needs the ball. Hayes needs to look for real estate for a shitty Euro league team.

Comment

• Holy crap, have you guys seen 300+ lb JaMarcus Russel errrr Zion Williamson.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah, we saw him at Duke.

Comment

• I always had concern over his legs and feet. He has those tree trunk legs. Weighing 280 on a good day with a 40” vertical is no bueno.

Comment

• Cade is out. The NBA is fantastic! Load management with a 19 year old.

Comment

Working...
                                X